DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Feb 2020

Elsalvajeloco

On 2/22/2020 at 3:26 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

I like this idea.  I've only seen one Revival match in full - v Gargano and Ciampa from Toronto; which was one of the best matches I've ever seen.  I'm seeing the Arn turn on both Rhodes with the debut of Wilder and Dawson.  And money matches to follow.

I would love to see The Revival save Cody (and Dustin) from a beatdown to a massive pop, just to see them align with Arn to beat down the brothers immediately after. They know they are the best team in the world, they know they will win the AEW Tag Titles in the near future, but first let's destroy the most sympathetic babyface and "boss" of the company just for the fun of it.

• Like 2

I get the idea of holding off on big matches, but I really want the debut of FTR to be them just absolutely beating the everliving fuck out of the Bucks.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 3

Arn with FTR and MJF/Wardlow would be the best route of doing their own 4 Horsemen but I don't think they'll do it. Fortune killed that tribute act off dead and it's already been done to death in general.

• Like 1

Plus they have the Inner Circle still. I think another scenario would be to  align The Revival with Cody, and Arn to make them into a babyface group. It’s the most interesting outcome I thought of, and would be better than another heel stable. But that’s the wrong scenario for The Revival. They work better as heels, and them working heel against say a babyface team like Jurassic Express will only benefit the Express in the long run.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I get the idea of holding off on big matches, but I really want the debut of FTR to be them just absolutely beating the everliving fuck out of the Bucks.

Thats what it should be actually. Bucks win a big match to end a Dynamite with FTR sliding in the ring and beating the fuck outta to the point of excess, rudo style. Then Dynamite goes off the air.

If FTR can't debut until April thats even better, cuz they are gonna want to run the match as soon as possible why not the fanbase wants to see the match it's gonna be a good match but as close to DON they can get before FTR shows up the better. Whens the contract up the week after Mania isn't that the rumor? If they debuted in Boston on April 15th that would be rad as fuck. That gives you 5 weeks to build towards the match. Young Bucks loose at DON. The bottom of their rut, Young Bucks disappear for a while. FTR goes on a tear and beat Kenny Omega and Hangman Page for the tag straps at ALL OUT. Bucks return IDK December 30th at Dailys Place. Bucks go on a tear then at ALL OUT 2021 Bucks dethrone FTR for the straps. 

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

When I read about The Revival asking for their releases in another thread my first thought was "the pop they get when they show up out of nowhere in AEW to beat down the Bucks is going to be insane".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

The Match Beyond with MJF/Wardlow/Revival vs Cody/Dustin/Bucks would get me to watch.

fixed

and at least we'd get blood in a match that absolutely calls for it

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I want to see Sammy Guevara getting press slammed into the roof of the cage.

If anyone does the Arn head stuck in between the two rings spot, it has to be either Sammy or Ortiz. 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 12:18 AM, Craig H said:

Wrestling can be both fun and SERIUZ BIZNESS and I think for a lot of people that hate Kris or OC or Joey Ryan or whoever don't get that. Like, Meltzer is a good example. He hates all of the shit with Kris, I don't think he understands why OC is as over as he is, but he wants a more serious pro wrestling presentation. If you listen to people on Busted Open, they did the shit and understand there's a balancing act there, it's a delicate one, but it has its place if its done well.

I enjoy some of the goofier stuff because it usually leads to something cool. For example, you think Kris is going to boop Nyla on the nose, instead she points at the title, and the crowd goes OOOOOH! and I'm sitting there thinking "fuck yeah!"

It's the one thing that Dave does that annoys the hell out of me. The perfect example is how he always shits on Yano in the G1 when he should be smart enough to understand that he is there because he has entertaining matches while working a very safe style and giving the WORKRATE~! guys an easy night instead of the usual killing themselves with high risk/stiff matches.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

It's the one thing that Dave does that annoys the hell out of me. The perfect example is how he always shits on Yano in the G1 when he should be smart enough to understand that he is there because he has entertaining matches while working a very safe style and giving the WORKRATE~! guys an easy night instead of the usual killing themselves with high risk/stiff matches.

Yano is the mvp of g1. 

• Like 2

I wonder if they’ll do the the double ring for The Match Beyond. If they do, then it won’t happen till All Out. Double or Nothing’s seating chart calls for one ring only. I wonder if they’ll be willing to lose seats for the double ring. That’ll be a tough thing for them to lose. 

Also for the face, and heel line-ups it needs to be 5-on-5. And you’ll need two big guys on the face side to rough house the heels when the faces get the advantage near the end. The WarGames slowly forgot that easy pop scenario over time. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

8 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I wonder if they’ll do the the double ring for The Match Beyond. If they do, then it won’t happen till All Out. Double or Nothing’s seating chart calls for one ring only. I wonder if they’ll be willing to lose seats for the double ring. That’ll be a tough thing for them to lose. 

Also for the face, and heel line-ups it needs to be 5-on-5. And you’ll need two big guys on the face side to rough house the heels when the faces get the advantage near the end. The WarGames slowly forgot that easy pop scenario over time. 

You've got one in Dustin. By the time it eventually rolls around, perhaps Jeff Cobb has tired of Jericho's ways and finally snaps on him.