DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Feb 2020

Elsalvajeloco

So, Nyla should absolutely 100% switch her finish from the Batista Bomb to that diving knee to the draped opponent, right? Poor Riho looked like she hit her neck and head whipping down from the aftermath of that. It gets a huge pop every time. It's the best looking thing Nyla has in her arsenal. Just win with that! Pull a Hangman and switch the ol' finish.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Without having seen it, not a big fan of necks snapping against the ropes, given the number of injuries/deaths that has caused. If it's safe but looks deadly, more power to them. 

Totally but it's generally not a thing that happens to the recipient. Here's Riho taking the same move without the whiplash grossness:

I can't find footage of the move from the title switch. Would be even cooler if it could be a total springboard move to show off the hops. She's done it or other springboard moves so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Edited by Oyaji

I fucking died at the opening. This is one of those things where I feel like something has been made for me. Since Frozen 2 came out my daughter and I keep riffing on "Into the Unknown," whether it's singing it at weird times or just doing the "AHH AH AHH AHHHH." I'll have to show her this tomorrow.

• Like 1

Could they run a Caster Semenya angle with Nyla and Britt trying to push the fictitious board of directors to put her through ridiculous standards and testing to ensure she's meeting the necessary testosterone angles to remain the champ?

I feel like if its done with the appropriate respect shown, it puts huge heat on Britt and sympathy for Nyla. On the other hand, one transphobic audience cheering for Britt and it's super messed up.

That's an incredibly awful idea.  MOVING ON...

So with Double or Nothing sales selling the way they are I wonder if it was a good idea to not do Starrcast.  It seems like that's not happening which is a shame because for a big event they could use something like that.  And I say that after admitting that having one for Full Gear last year wasn't smart due to location and size of it all.  But unless there was a venue issue having it again at Ceasars is the smart move.  Hopefully they save these events for the bigger shows like DoN or All Out and maybe do smaller meet and greet style events for the other PPVs.

4 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Could they run a Caster Semenya angle with Nyla and Britt trying to push the fictitious board of directors to put her through ridiculous standards and testing to ensure she's meeting the necessary testosterone angles to remain the champ?

I feel like if its done with the appropriate respect shown, it puts huge heat on Britt and sympathy for Nyla. On the other hand, one transphobic audience cheering for Britt and it's super messed up.

5384499f445af67c9c793226d9f876c76f42798a

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So with Double or Nothing sales selling the way they are I wonder if it was a good idea to not do Starrcast.  It seems like that's not happening which is a shame because for a big event they could use something like that.  And I say that after admitting that having one for Full Gear last year wasn't smart due to location and size of it all.  But unless there was a venue issue having it again at Ceasars is the smart move.  Hopefully they save these events for the bigger shows like DoN or All Out and maybe do smaller meet and greet style events for the other PPVs.

On the radio show Dave casually mentioned that starrcast 2 in Vegas lost money last year. I assumed that Baltimore wasn’t a big success because the show wasn’t sold out and things had kind of run their course, but I always assumed last year in Vegas was a success because of all the hype and commotion. 

After losing money twice, this show not having off the charts demand, and with how Conrad said just doing the first one was a ridiculous amount of work, I can see why it isn’t happening. But they need to announce a bunch of meet and greets or something. 

Edit: Frankly I’m surprised they announced this show this early anyway. I thought for sure they would at least wait until after the ppv so they could give it their full attention right out of the gate. I’m bringing a friend, and he was asking about ticket prices and I was like they’re really fan friendly, they’ll post the seating chart a few days before it goes on sale. With the presale Thursday morning, on Wednesday afternoon I was like ok why haven’t they posted anything? Then it hits me, they have a live tv show to prepare for that night, and a ppv in two weeks. They don’t have time to be posting about something 3 1/2 months away. They didn’t post the seating chart on their site until Friday morning. So why put it up for sale so early?

Edited by matt925
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matt925 said:

On the radio show Dave casually mentioned that starrcast 2 in Vegas lost money last year. I assumed that Baltimore wasn’t a big success because the show wasn’t sold out and things had kind of run their course, but I always assumed last year in Vegas was a success because of all the hype and commotion. 

After losing money twice, this show not having off the charts demand, and with how Conrad said just doing the first one was a ridiculous amount of work, I can see why it isn’t happening. But they need to announce a bunch of meet and greets or something. 

Yeah, that's what I was referring to and it didn't surprise me.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved whatever version of Starrcast we got in Baltimore as it allowed me to meet people I think the world of.  But you could tell it was being run into the ground with how relatively small-scale it was compared to the other ones.  And I'm still all for it coming back so long as it's done once or twice.  But hopefully they'll find a suitable replacement.

28 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Conrad ran Starrcast into the ground by running four of them within a 16 month period. If they were losing money as well, it's definitely not worth the extra work for him and his staff. 

It should have been a once a year kind of deal. You could also tell how expensive that shit was to run based on how expensive it cost to get in. I wanted to go to the first Starrcast until I saw those prices. Fuck that noise.

Even if they can't do Starrcast, I do agree with Dave and Bryan that AEW should still do some kind of fan access event. It doesn't need to be anything huge, but do something to draw more fans in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

I like you @RolandTHTG, so I'll just pretend someone else made that suggestion.

• Like 4