DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Feb 2020

Elsalvajeloco

Yeah, they really shouldn’t expect anybody to watch that bte nonsense.  I don’t think I’m alone in loving Dynamite and hating bte.

Would've been much cooler PR if Brandi had just flat out admitted failure and that this is fully proof that they listen to their audience.  Not to say in her defensive way she didn’t say as much.  I like Brandi but did not dig that interview.  Alvarez certainly tried.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

I love BTE and can separate it from what goes on Dynamite. For the most part, BTE takes shit from Dynamite and riffs on them, but you don't need to pay attention to it. I just like all of the inside jokes and gags like Merch Freak, DO YA?!, BTE mailbag, etc.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That’s true, I had forgotten that started there.

It may have started there, but to the unknowing, you'd think it started on Dynamite. The one time they kinda fucked up was for a two week period where Page left the Elite, Excalibur referenced it, and then the next week they retconned it and it turned into Page having issues with the Elite. Since then, they've played up Page's record, losing big matches, and being distrustful of the Elite and all of that has happened on Dynamite.

They've done a better job of separating BTE and just making that something where they fuck around and riff on whatever happened on Dynamite.

Dark’s been really good. It’s not just a show where indie wrestlers get free reign to go buckwild anymore. It’s a genuine weekend wrestling show(on a weekday) that has extra angle advancements that didn’t make it on Dynamite. Also maybe I was wrong about Taz. He’s been really good, and restrained. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

That Shida match with Cassandra Golden wasn’t half bad. This will sound like a weird compliment, but I’ll say it. Golden wrestles like a woman’s version of Roadblock. Basically sloppy big woman wrestler, but has a potential to be molded into something if she isn’t given up on. I think she has a lot of potential. Not enough big women in wrestling today outside of Nyla, and Reina Gonzalez over at NXT who I don’t believe is used much.

They should call her back to be used as enhancement talent to give her more TV experience, and when she’s ready do something with her. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 4

A webcomic that has absolutely nothing to do with pro wrestling that I look at just made a subtle Orange Cassidy reference in the subtext.  

As for Golden, hopefully Cody remembers what Dusty did for Bubba early in his career- you don't use someone that big as a jobber, you have them be muscle for someone while squashing folks to get experience and build them up.  Maybe stick her with Britt?

Edited by alstein
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That Shida match with Cassandra Golden wasn’t half bad. This will sound like a weird compliment, but I’ll say it. Golden wrestles like a woman’s version of Roadblock. Basically sloppy big woman wrestler, but has a potential to be molded into something if she isn’t given up on. I think she has a lot of potential. Not enough big women in wrestling today outside of Nyla, and Reina Gonzalez over at NXT who I don’t believe is used much.

They should call her back to be used as enhancement talent to give her more TV experience, and when she’s ready do something with her. 

That's a spot on comparison. I actually would be kinda into her using the rope-assisted backflip (moonsault?) from the apron

JR was saying on his latest podcast that they're looking for athletic big guys. Cobb of course is a move in that direction, even though he's not the tallest dude.

He also said re: Cornette's vocal criticism, with Conrad specifically bringing up the "All Petite Wrestling" thing: "He's very set in his ways. He knows what he likes. He knows how wrestling, in his view, should be positioned. And I'm not disagreeing with that. It's just that sometimes the message gets a little bit, I think, coarse, very overly-generalized. You know, we know what we have, we know what we need. I think basically Corny's pointing out the obvious. He's not providing any information that I've seen that's new and revolutionary. It's the same thing that many of us say behind the scenes."

Coming (hopefully) soon to AEW: Big meaty men, bumpin' meat! 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

JR was saying on his latest podcast that they're looking for athletic big guys. Cobb of course is a move in that direction, even though he's not the tallest dude.

He also said re: Cornette's vocal criticism, with Conrad specifically bringing up the "All Petite Wrestling" thing: "He's very set in his ways. He knows what he likes. He knows how wrestling, in his view, should be positioned. And I'm not disagreeing with that. It's just that sometimes the message gets a little bit, I think, coarse, very overly-generalized. You know, we know what we have, we know what we need. I think basically Corny's pointing out the obvious. He's not providing any information that I've seen that's new and revolutionary. It's the same thing that many of us say behind the scenes."

Coming (hopefully) soon to AEW: Big meaty men, bumpin' meat! 

Meat man John Silver?