DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

2 hours ago, caley said:

tumblr_o67kgbh2pt1u2ragso3_500.gifv

I did not remember Martel being THAT huge!

Everyone was so much bigger back then. When I was a kid, I thought DiBiase was scrawny.  Now I realize he was actually really big dude, it’s just that everyone else was so jacked. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, caley said:

tumblr_o67kgbh2pt1u2ragso3_500.gifv

I did not remember Martel being THAT huge!

I’ve been watching a lot of Martel’s WCW comeback run (one of my favorite things ever in wrestling) and I never noticed his jacked old man body where his torso is insanely out of proportion with his arms. 

(I mean, I know why, but...)

What's the deal with Martel's bullfrog gut?

To backpack on @(BP)'s post; Martel always had a weird looking body after his return from a year off at WM V. He was pretty normal (for wrestling standards) looking until then.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Is it blasphemy if I say that Arn’s DDT was better than Jake’s? 

Arn's looked more impactful, but Jake's was just so much smoother and quicker and deadly looking and fit his persona to a tee

jF5fFo.gif

• Like 4

Now that I re-evaluate the Martel poof-perm. Another reason he probably dropped it was that his hair was thinning so bad that cameras were picking up on it during later stages of long matches. Which is why he might have went with the slick back ponytail instead. Sadly it didn’t really work with that one either.

Was everyone singing the thing Bret wrote about in his book where they all sang a song dedicated to Vince or something similarly smarmy, like some "We Are the World" crap only sucking the owner's dick? Because if so I would be Curly Bill there too. 

Edited by Curt McGirt