DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

WWE Finances, et al Discussion

46 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Yeah, the "100% revenue vs. the 50%" argument was sound, but running out constant 30 day free trials with no actual checks on them so people were just making dummy email accounts to keep getting free months buried everything.

I asked the question of dummy accounts here a while back and somebody mentioned that you have to enter a credit card number and that has to be unique.  Still, there are ways to fudge that. 

Also, the "100%" part wasn't true. I don't know about now with the new version, but I know BAM Tech got a cut of each subscriber fee.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I asked the question of dummy accounts here a while back and somebody mentioned that you have to enter a credit card number and that has to be unique.  Still, there are ways to fudge that. 

Knowing someone that used the dummy accounts to get the Network free for a year, the CC didn't matter, they only traced by e-mail accounts.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Knowing someone that used the dummy accounts to get the Network free for a year, the CC didn't matter, they only traced by e-mail accounts.

Really so I can literally type a random credit card number and It’ll still register?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

They'll do the check that it's a legit card, but they won't store it so that you can't use it to sign  up for a new account.  Or at least they didn't used to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Super Ape said:

I’ve gone over my reasons why I never subscribed to hell and back, but if I were to guess why the sub numbers are low, a lot of it would be on the quality of the current product, and the fact that pro wrestling is just... declining like vaudeville and the circus before it.

Yeah, I think WWE could be pefectly sustainable, reasonably profitable, and infinitely more watchable if they scaled back on expectations and hours of content.

But, you know, capitalism. 

5 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Yeah, I think WWE could be pefectly sustainable, reasonably profitable, and infinitely more watchable if they scaled back on expectations and hours of content.

But, you know, capitalism. 

Exactly. Even the boneheads in charge in Stamford have to know “too much of a good thing” exists, so they shouldn’t be doing too much of their horseshit “product” either.

You're assuming they are aware that their product is bad. But when the only voice that determines it's quality declares everything to be Such Good Shit, nobody can say it isn't. Nobody can even privately think it's bad. They've always been at war with Eastasia.

• Like 6

I'm pretty sure they know that 3 hour RAW is too long. And that three "A" shows a week are too many. Hell, they often mention how expanding Nitro to three hours and adding Thunder helped kill WCW.

But I also am pretty sure they feel getting the money for all that content (and the effort to strangle new competition in the cradle in the case of NXT) is worth the overexposure.

• Like 1

I don't think it's so much that the product is "bad"  even though a lot of it is..  I think a lot of the product is just boring and that's arguably a worse place to be in.  Consistently boring is a tough tough sell..   with so much shit out there to watch on all these streaming services,  why as a regular but maybe not frequent fan do you NEED to spend ten bucks to be bored? 

Eventually Vince will have to either strike up more good deals, to help keep WWE afloat.  In the meantime it remains to be seen if there will be any more Micro-changes to the content.