DVDVR Message Board

WWE Finances, et al Discussion

On 2/3/2020 at 11:21 AM, AxB said:

You'd think, if the idea was for Seth and Roman to be the biggest stars and carrying the company, they would both have Mania wins over at least two of Cena, Orton, Batista, Taker, Triple H or Lesnar. But where is Cena anyway? He did the Rock feud with the whole "I'm not going anywhere" promo, and he's been disappeared for ages. He was attempting to give the rub to younger talent towards the end there, but the two guys he really put over were Punk and Bryan, which didn't do much for the company long term.

Reigns beat Taker and Triple H at Mania. Rollins beat Triple H and Lesnar?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

They signed Tim Thatcher and Killer Cross, of course the stock rose.

Thatcher is so fucking great, somebody I didn't immediately love but slowly grew on me. He reminds of of an ugly, classless William Regal, so that rules.

I love the Fiend, I love Bray, I want to see him built up to the point that he's a legitimate main eventer that can help carry the company. And there is no way that they would put him over Goldberg, especially on a Saudi show.  Hell, I don't believe Goldberg would agree to it if they suggested it.

I also don't think it would be a good pairing even if the Fiend no-sold Goldberg and got the win, because even at Goldberg's peak their styles and gimmicks would clash horribly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

They signed Tim Thatcher and Killer Cross, of course the stock rose.

As much as I hate that he went to WWE I can't help but be happy for the guy. Guy deserves a big break and I hope he gets a chance to shine. Also am really glad that I met him last year as he seemed like a tremendously awesome guy. 

Kross is one of the best people you could possibly meet and I wish him nothing but the absolute highest level of success.

I point out the 900 times he was on our podcast as proof.  Or the time Nick made a video of him threatening to kill me

That said it hasn't been announced by anyone that he's signed yet vs Thatcher being SUPER CONFIRMED at this point so he might not be going to WWE.  I didn't ask him or anything I'm not one of those fucking people

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Kross is one of the best people you could possibly meet and I wish him nothing but the absolute highest level of success.

I point out the 900 times he was on our podcast as proof.  Or the time Nick made a video of him threatening to kill me

That said it hasn't been announced by anyone that he's signed yet vs Thatcher being SUPER CONFIRMED at this point so he might not be going to WWE.  I didn't ask him or anything I'm not one of those fucking people

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Co-signed. Kevin is a great dude and performer and I'm super happy that he got signed.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They didn't grab that damn brass ring.

He's delusional, I remember on Austin's  podcast he said the locker room didn't take initiative and come to him with ideas then afterwards guys like New Day and other guys would go on Jericho or Austin's podcast and say they'd come to him with ideas all the time.

Triple H on that wikipedia Fact or Fiction, he talked about how he and Shawn would just go on live TV and say what came to mind. Its almost like he's bragging about how much creative freedom he had in his day.

• Like 1

So the NWA had a Dokken Soundtrack and Cornette on commentary. Now they've got rid of both and the new theme is Pantera. So, time to get Joey Styles in for play by play? The 90s~! Who was that other announcer guy who went back and forth from WWF to ECW, the Hype Central guy? Over gelled hair? Everyone hated him? Because he's probably not busy.

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

So the NWA had a Dokken Soundtrack and Cornette on commentary. Now they've got rid of both and the new theme is Pantera. So, time to get Joey Styles in for play by play? The 90s~! Who was that other announcer guy who went back and forth from WWF to ECW, the Hype Central guy? Over gelled hair? Everyone hated him? Because he's probably not busy.

Lance Wright

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I legit thought the Cornette tweet was an old tweet until I looked at the date. 

I honestly do not care anymore.

I ignore Cornette; I don't listen to his podcast. He's like Freddy Kreuger. Forget about him and stop having nightmares, and Cornette also goes away.