DVDVR Message Board

SMACK super DOWN - 1/31/20

Dolfan in NYC

18 hours ago, L_W_P said:

When is Xavier Woods back? I feel like New Day vs Bloodline is a super fun 6 man feud for post Mania while The Fiend takes some time away.

Going to be a while. Achilles tendon tears are bad and hard to come back from.

The dog shit was, somehow, supposed to build to a ppv match with Rock in late 99. No Mercy, maybe? And I think it was even the go home show. The babyface humiliated the heel and beat him with his finish in order to sell the ppv.

• Like 1

I mean, my god this show is just two hours of nothing. Whether or not we like it or not(and I'm firmly in the not camp)I guess the samoans vs the king feud MUST CONTINUE. But y tho? Even if you were part of the contingent that booed the hell out of Roman, can we all admit he deserves better then this? Can we not find anything better for The Usos to do then throwing dog food? Can Baron Corbin just take a breather from TV for a while? I mean, this feud and all things about it are just DEATH.

Otis/Mandy is entertaining but it feels like Otis loses IQ points and clothing by the week. Is he going to be able to form words by the time this date with Mandy happens?

Bayley vs Naomi is at least a fresh matchup and finally gives Naomi something to do. That helmet she wore was so ridiculous it crossed over into awesome.

I honestly cant remember the rest of the show. ?

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The dog shit was, somehow, supposed to build to a ppv match with Rock in late 99. No Mercy, maybe? And I think it was even the go home show. The babyface humiliated the heel and beat him with his finish in order to sell the ppv.

Correct, No Mercy 1999. In the build to it, The Rock hit British Bulldog with a Rock Bottom into "dog poop" as Michael Cole called it. No Mercy 1999 was one of the few WWF bright spots that year.

Smackdown is more often than not a perfectly fine show. The issue is that is also perfectly unremarkable more often than not with many of its pieces in the wrong spots to really be able to carry the show to something more. I find that even though I enjoy the show I usually forget a good half of it or so an hour after its over. Its fixable to a degree, but it requires a lot of reshuffling WWE isn't going to do.

On 2/1/2020 at 3:43 PM, AxB said:

That Fatal 4 way tag had some really sloppy moments. Otis came in house of fire* and managed to bodyslam one of the Revival without using his arms.

* Is it House Of Fire, or House Afire? I mean, they mean the same thing anyway, it doesn't matter.

It should be House Afire (which means House on Fire) - House Of Fire sounds like the house is made of fire.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 12:36 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

@Overly Critical Man what's confusing? It's a fresh feud of two talented individuals 

I think it was the use of the word “finally” that confused me, as I think there’s been lots of women feuds in the WWE that I would say were interesting watches in the last year. Unless you meant the Smackdown brand and Bayley specifically.