DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 1/29/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I really think they should actually downsize the Women’s division to WWF Alundra Blaze levels where there’s an ace to the division and a top contender.  Everyone else just cycles through to build up people for title matches and virtually nothing else. No sense having a division when you don’t have the talent to run matches.

Edited by Goodear

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

AEW was 3rd on the night in the key demo and beat out NBA again. Down night overall for TV, so not much to worry about with the lower viewership numbers for each show.

Let this sink in: a WWE branded show didn't make the top 10, but a show called 1000lb Sisters did.

• Haha 3

Sportscenter at 12:30 AM ranked higher than NXT.

I was going to say I don't like to hate on them, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not like a pig in shit every time AEW wins.

Yes, I am petty.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Casey said:

Let this sink in: a WWE branded show didn't make the top 10, but a show called 1000lb Sisters did.

That show is POPULAR!   Apparently they started as a YouTube thing and now they’re a ‘600 lb Life’-style show.  My mom is fascinated by it!

2 hours ago, caley said:

That show is POPULAR!   Apparently they started as a YouTube thing and now they’re a ‘600 lb Life’-style show.  My mom is fascinated by it!

My God, my mom is too. I visit her once or twice a week and either that or that fiancee show is on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Casey said:

Wait, a 1000lb each, or is it combined, like the Killer Kong’s? Why aren’t they under a WWE contract right this minute?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

No, no.  AEW's women's division is the one that needs help.  They should sign the 1000lb women.

I don't really think they've got a lack of talent issue with the women.  I haven't seen every show by any means but the only time I've seen Sadie Gibbs is doing a run-in and I've only seen Shanna wrestle once (where she got way too much against Shida who should've been their top girl from the beginning).  Conversely, I feel like I've seen either Riho, Britt Baker, and Nyla Rose every time I watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nyla hit a sub-Edge spear. 

I don't think anybody's mentioned it yet, but Cody's theme song is a total Def Leppard knockoff. I hate them but it works. Speaking of comparisons it looked at times like Kip Sabian had that weird Christopher Daniels/Bob Backlund posture thing going on where it looks like his head won't pivot on his neck and his ass is kind of stuck out like a duck. 

Ortiz is so damned goofy with the backrakes and the faces and STILL wearing those freakin' shoes with the toes on them; the deadfall headbutt though had to be the silliest thing he's done yet. It's gonna be a kick seeing Moxley beat the tar out of him next week. That was one good back elbow from Jericho, they need to sell it like that every time.

Good, not great show. Knox has to be the worst ref on television these days. Watch the finish to the Young Bucks match, he can't see Sutter's shoulders, because he was behind one of the Jacksons.

They are onto something with Adam Page, and hopefully they don't mess it up.

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So that's why the neon skeleton stuff, thanks. 

I'm making an assumption in the fact jack and angelico teamed a bunch in AAA and figure that's the reason the skeleton part of the gear was there.  I was a little surprised excalibur didn't mention it unless they were trying to avoid AAA La Parka/LA Park confusion.