DVDVR Message Board

Raw is One Step Closer To The Edge - 1/27/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I forgot about that Reid thing. That was fucked up. 

I think this is the first time I've come out as anti-Charlotte. I despise Sasha, mostly for her borderline delusional sense of entitlement, and I've been vocal about that, but before today I don't think I've said a ton about Charlotte one way or the other...

18 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

I loved that time when Andre attacked Hogan on SNME, and the babyface roster emptied in unprecedented fashion - Bulldogs, Duggan, JYD, Jake, Strike Force....and Andre just doesn't give a fuck and puts a beating on Hulk anyway.

How dare he turn his back on the Giant and pose. Andre looked like a French blazered serial killer fueled by the power of Thanos.

14 hours ago, Matt D said:

That said, Orton vs Edge, no matter how good the angle setting it up, is not going to be great. They're going to give it way too much time. Edge has never had stuff to fill time unless it was in a gimmick match and he was a heel. I get that there's a novelty to this and I'm glad it's on the card, but you should be feeling looming dread in the back of your soul about watching Edge vs Orton for 20 minutes, not excitement. 

It's been 16 years but Vengeance '04 was one of my all time favorite matches. They went 25 minutes there, so I'll just hope for anything close to as good as that if they do go long. 

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

IIRC, I remember liking the heel vs heel match they had in '07. I think it was the week after they got bumped for Cena vs HBK. But that was a long time ago.

Oh yeah that was also excellent

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

IIRC, I remember liking the heel vs heel match they had in '07. I think it was the week after they got bumped for Cena vs HBK. But that was a long time ago.

Correct, post Backlash 2007 RAW. Best Edge/Randy Orton bout.

WWE has had a habit of putting two babyfaces on a collision course, and going "one of them need to turn heel. Should it be the one we want to be the top face but the crowd is less behind, or the one we didn't plan on having get over but the crowd loves? Definitely turn the second one!" for quite awhile now.

Braun and Roman was probably the most obvious example, and it resulted in killing off a ton of Braun's heat and didn't help Roman at all. But Becky/Charlotte was the time the crowd just flat out fucking said no, it's not going that way.

It doesn't even always backfire on them (Christian/Orton back in 2011 ended up working more or less exactly how they wanted it too.)

• Like 1

I don't know that I remember a crowd rejecting a heel turn that vocally. That stuff with Becky was WILD last summer. They screwed it up and killed her off, because that's what they do, but it was nuts when it was happening.

On 1/27/2020 at 11:17 PM, Peck said:

MVP looked like he was about 65 in the ring tonight. Think this experiment needs to come to an abrupt end. Felt bad for Rey there.

MVP obviously read my post.