DVDVR Message Board

Raw is One Step Closer To The Edge - 1/27/2020

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, sabremike said:

2) Edge is getting beaten up forever and nobody in the back comes out to help? Was everyone playing Fortnite or something? Seriously it made all their babyfaces look like crap.

The best part was the referees running out and just yelling at Orton to stop instead of, you know, stopping him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Why I hated the closing angle (besides countless other people I'd rather see Edge have a match with than Randy):

1) They could've had Orton come out, offer to reform RatedRKO and challenge for the tag titles at Elimination Chamber and do the turn then. Then you get an extra big match and still have a scenario to set up the Mania match.

2) Edge is getting beaten up forever and nobody in the back comes out to help? Was everyone playing Fortnite or something? Seriously it made all their babyfaces look like crap.

Edge got what he deserved. He was "the ultimate opportunist", including eliminating Orton from the Rumble. I don't even like Randy, but I've long thought Edge sucked outside of gimmick matches.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Fuck that. Orton considered striking first, so he acted out of self-preservation.

Orton remembered Edge being a scumbag and he wasn't going to fall for the bullshit forced nostalgia. Snakes don't change; they'll always be snakes.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Funny when you consider how many people in WWE were raving about Edge's return at the Royal Rumble and didn't do anything here. Were they all banished to the Phantom Zone? ;).

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It wasn't even close how much better Christian was all-around than Edge.

I really like both. Shame Christian's never picked up the wins, titles and HOF induction Edge did. Christian never won the WWE Championship, that's THE World Title to win in WWE. Edge went into the HOF the year after he retired. Christian is STILL fucking waiting for that.

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

As far as bad takes to justify heels’ actions, this is especially weak. Like, weaker than Nick Jackson’s hairline. 

Whatever you have to tell yourself

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

47 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Odd they wouldn't take the title off him.

I like Andrade, this sucks. Lucky he wasn't stripped of the title, that normally happens. A consequence of this is Zelina Vega's probably of TV and that sucks as she's great, especially on RAW last night.

56 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Odd they wouldn't take the title off him.

With how PWS got that scoop so fast you'd think the guy running it was on their payroll or something. 

Felt like this was the best Raw in months. Hope the Rumble excitement of Drew's big win and Edge's return can keep it up.  Surprised they didn't do a US Title change if Andrade's out.  Dug Aleister's promo. Despite the rough start, I hope MVP sticks around. Charlotte/Asuka is always enjoyable. Hoped they would draw out Orton turning a little, considering he *just* turned back face like a month ago and maybe get one Rated RKO tag out of it, but solid segment regardless.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3