DVDVR Message Board

Raw is One Step Closer To The Edge - 1/27/2020

Dolfan in NYC

That was a very effective end segment. Orton as a sadistic heel is always the best use of Orton and they have PLENTY of history to play off of heading into WrestleMania. 

I'd like to see an old school hate filled brawl for sure.  Edge had a memorable one at WM with Foley and Orton had one himself with Mick at one point in time. 

• Like 4

Otherwise this wasn't a bad show at all.  I'll enjoy the build for Drew McIntyre and Brock Lesnar.   Liv Morgan looked great in there against Lana,  I hope they do something with her once the feud is over.  

Not sure why The Kabuki Warriors are still involved with Charlotte. There's no teams to feud with? 

The random Charlotte/Asuka match was good though it felt pointless unless Charlotte decides to go for the tag titles for some odd ass reason. It would be dumb and make little sense, but I would vastly prefer it to Charlotte vs. Bayley or Becky for 100th time.

KO/Joe vs. Seth/Buddy was solid.

Liv/Lana was ok.

Kind of disappointed Riddick Moss debuted as Mojo's backup. I've heard good things about the Outliers team and thought they were solid in the couple of matches they had in NXT UK. I was hoping that would stick. On the other hand good Moss getting on Raw. I actually like what they are doing with Mojo and the 24/7 Title right now. The belt won't ever be something serious, but its a decent enough change of pace to see someone who wants to have a serious run with it.

The Orton/Edge ending was expected, but still good. 

Randy and Edge both played their roles super well tonight. This was one of those cases where I wish I hadn’t seen on F4W that they were on the booking sheet for Mania against each other. Would have made it even more effective.

MVP looked like he was about 65 in the ring tonight. Think this experiment needs to come to an abrupt end. Felt bad for Rey there. And did I hear Lawler say that Mysterio is representing his home state of Texas tonight?!?!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Not sure why The Kabuki Warriors are still involved with Charlotte. There's no teams to feud with? 

just the one that isn't ever on TV anymore for some reason ?

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That was a very effective end segment. Orton as a sadistic heel is always the best use of Orton and they have PLENTY of history to play off of heading into WrestleMania. 

I'd like to see an old school hate filled brawl for sure.  Edge had a memorable one at WM with Foley and Orton had one himself with Mick at one point in time. 

And they’ll collar-and-elbow tie up...yuck.

I'm really hoping Charlotte didn't immediately announce who she's challenging because they're waiting until after Takeover so it doesn't take away from the Rhea/Bianca match when she challenges the winner to a match at WrestleMania.

• Thanks 1

Why I hated the closing angle (besides countless other people I'd rather see Edge have a match with than Randy):

1) They could've had Orton come out, offer to reform RatedRKO and challenge for the tag titles at Elimination Chamber and do the turn then. Then you get an extra big match and still have a scenario to set up the Mania match.

2) Edge is getting beaten up forever and nobody in the back comes out to help? Was everyone playing Fortnite or something? Seriously it made all their babyfaces look like crap.

• Like 3