DVDVR Message Board

TNA Bound For Glory 2013 (Possible Last TNA PPV EVER)

SERGE

When the Clare Lynch stuff was going on, a friend and I had Serge's wrestler gimmick all worked out completely based on how it always sounds like "Surge", when they say his name. Serge "The Singing Surgeon" Salinas, who emerges to purge the scourge of TNA. His theme music would've been him crooning over a dirge. I think we might have been high.

Tag title match was great. Robbie E really dragged the crowd into it.

Jesus.  I hadn't seen a lot of pics of Dixie Carter since ... let's see, last time I regularly watched TNA was when the TNA ECW Reunion thing was happening ... she didn't look entirely gross.  In that video, she looks like "8 mos later" on the "Faces of Meth" poster.

So was the entire purpose of having BroMans being on the PPV and winning the title because you have Mr Olympia on the show?

Jerry Stubbs was on the ppv? :)

Jerry Stubbs may be more relevant than the last 10 Mr. Olympia winners

Phil Heath just had an article written about his Mr. Olympia training on Grantland...so he's at least been relevant this month.

FWIW I doubt this is the last PPV.  Presumably whoever ends up buying the company will run PPV's at some point.

Watching the 30/30 "Big Shots" about John Spano buying the New York Islanders and I can see something similar happening to TNA

FWIW I doubt this is the last PPV.  Presumably whoever ends up buying the company will run PPV's at some point.

Watching the 30/30 "Big Shots" about John Spano buying the New York Islanders and I can see something similar happening to TNA

That would be hilarious and fitting for TNA. Honestly when I titled the thread, I put up "possible last tna ppv" as a joke, but when you see the pictures fans took from inside the arena during the PPV and how only one side of the building had people on it, it's not hard to believe that TNA could be on it's last legs.

Honestly they shouldn't even bother with PPV's. It's a losing business model for them. They would be better suited to get a special Sunday timeslot every three months or so and do their own Clash of the Champions. If they doesn't work they could always do a crossover with Bar Rescue. I would love to see Jon Taffer take a look at TNA's books.

They did BFG in Irvine, CA a few years back and it drew less than 2000 iirc. You'd think they'd learn their lesson then.

Yeah, but California is the geographic equivalent of going up against Raw on Monday nights. They want to do it to show they can play with the big boys, but they wind up being the kid in the powder blue tux standing by himself at the prom.

I don't know why having people on one side of the building is suddenly news when every TNA show for years has people only on one side of the building.

Heck, I've seen pics of Smackdown tapings with the same "crowd on one side of the arena" deal.

Ouch. Those pictures are brutal.  I just hope we get one more amazing Tenay/Don West announcing moment/high five before they go under.  

The side visible on TV looks pretty decent - doesn't WWE have nights like that fairly regularly, where they'll have to cordon off large parts of arenas and get all the fans on camera?

I don't know why having people on one side of the building is suddenly news when every TNA show for years has people only on one side of the building.

Heck, I've seen pics of Smackdown tapings with the same "crowd on one side of the arena" deal.

cue twilight zone theme