DVDVR Message Board

TNA Bound For Glory 2013 (Possible Last TNA PPV EVER)

Bad news, TNA had a dreadful PPV.

Good news, no one saw it.

You know, if you're going to make posts like this, I'm going to ask that you also include a picture of Statler and Waldorf.

• Like 7

I could totally see a situation where Angle sent a feeler out to WWE, knowing that TNA is on life support.  WWE tells him, "We'll hire you back IF you shoot decline their HOF induction."  So he did, and the H's runs into Vince's office this morning and sez, "Vince, that joke I played on Angle ... it fucking worked!"  And they laugh their assess off for a little while, "Bwa-HAHAHAHAHAHAHaHaHaHahahahaha ... hahaha ... ha ha ... heh ... heh heh ... ahem, whew ... yeah, we're never hiring him back."

• Like 2

Why the hell was AJ in the main event?  I thought they were doing Hogan vs. Bully Ray.

You would have thought they were building to that match. But all the pieces for it just never came into place. They never turned Brooke Hogan heel so she could be Bully's Old Lady. I was waiting for that for song long to happen and then she was gone because they were paying her way too much to just stand around and do nothing.

Bully Ray could have probably pulled off a match with a crippled Hulk Hogan. Hogan claims he has a couple matches in him, but lets be real. He's saving those for Wrestlemania paydays. Only problem is the WWE wants nothing to do with him.

As for Sting, he's weird. Sometimes he decides to give a crap and gives it his all. Then most other times we get last night where he does the bare minimum and phones it in. Magnus is probably the last chance TNA has to make a star and if they are turning him heel, this company is way more doomed then I imagined.

All the dumb shit that TNA has had in front of them that they did, when conventional wisdom of even the mark side of wrestling would have dictated that they do otherwise ... from Monty Brown never being crowned TNA champ, to copious amounts of Jeff Jarrett's World Title ode to Lawler in Memphis, to James Storm losing when he was at his peak and SHOULD have won the TNA championship.

Maybe we're finally hitting a point where fans of wrestling are rebelling against a company that refuses to give them what they want to see*.  TNA threw fans a bone with the beauty of how they worked Aries into his title reign, but then it's gone all downhill since.

*I wonder if Vince McMahon just now perked his head up, at a disturbance in the force ...

Ouch. Those pictures are brutal. I just hope we get one more amazing Tenay/Don West announcing moment/high five before they go under.

That could be the announcement that nails the moment, actually.
  • Like 1

Use of a ladder in Ultimate X is some shameful shit.

I must admit, I'm wondering what I'm going to be getting at Wembley Arena next year. When Bad Influence says they are TNA.....well, yeah: more or less.

People hated on the Aces & Eights - but they got babyfaces over pretty well and having Bully Ray essentially take his own group apart was terrible booking. 

So 3 guys that were already over and their next breakout face, who was just turned heel?Fuck this company sometimes.....

They are already excellent at fucking themselves. It's not like they need the help.
  • Like 1

I, for one, am hyped for the Autumn of AJ.

I hope it culminates in Nash costing AJ the title at the next Impact taping and claiming he did it because someone sent him a text. Also, it doesn't do a thing for business, but is still remembered as one of the best angles ever.

I, for one, am hyped for the Autumn of AJ.

I hope it culminates in Nash costing AJ the title at the next Impact taping and claiming he did it because someone sent him a text. Also, it doesn't do a thing for business, but is still remembered as one of the best angles ever.

Which is the best TNA can hope for at this point.

Except for the main event this was an awful booked PPV.  The matches weren't bad but the finishes were just painful.  Some things

1.  Is Jeremy Borash wearing a wig or doing a comb over.  Bad hair day

2.  I know this will offend the "safety first in wrestling" people but using a ladder in a Ultimate X match just sucks.  What made the match different from all the other TLC was the danger in climbing the scaffold and doing the monkey bars thing with the ropes.  Now you got a ladder that some of the fun out of it

3.  Dixie needs to come out on Thursday with a bill to Kurt Angle for having a Hall of Fame ceremony the previous night and then not accepting it the next day.  I mean those home brews and chicken wings don't pay for themselves

4.  So was the entire purpose of having BroMans being on the PPV and winning the title because you have Mr Olympia on the show?  Besides Meltzer nobody gives a crap about Mr Olympia. Although admittingly the Storm and Gunner team has been pretty dull so dropping the title isn't that bad of an idea

5.  I hope Derrick Bateman/EC3 makes it in the company but doing an Impact angle on "your Wrestlemania" is just stupid.  I have heard people say that it is no different than Fandango but Fandango debuted against a future Hall of Famer in Chris Jericho.  EC3 debuted against a jobber who got more offense then he probably should. Look at it this way,  do you really thing that Vince would have put MVP vs Marty Garner/Cham Pain on Wrestlemania?  I doubt it. Plenty of guys in that back that could make a good match and still job.

Oh and Taz can go fuck himself.  He put getting himself over and shitting over the action to a whole new level. And Tenay is no better because when Taz did put out a legit statement Mike was clueless to respond.