DVDVR Message Board

TNA Bound For Glory 2013 (Possible Last TNA PPV EVER)

No thread up yet? That can't be good for them. Styles/Bully Ray was a fun mess of a match. AJ really is getting too old to be doing a lot of that crap.

Storm/GUNNER vs. Bromans was a surprisngly good match. Shocked to see them win and in a somewhat not screwy manner either. The post match protien bath was great.

Why wouldn't Dixie stop the ref from counting a second time after she did it earlier in the match? Why didn't she strip AJ of the title after he won it? Dixie is even worse as a authority figure than the Raw computer.

As the biggest show of the year for TNA, this was pretty bad. The Angle match was every angle match since 2009. Some awful finishes too. Especially in the Ultimate X and knockouts match. Barbarian's niece is no Jimmy Snuka's daughter.

I'm done with TNA. I'm ready for something new.

Possibly a wrestling promotion featuring Teddy Hart's cats or one run by Shane McMahon in a desperate bid to prove that Vince was wrong to pick Stephanie and Hunter over him .

Is it wrong that I saw the title of this thread and thought it was a 2 year old bump that still made sense? Ie; TNA could've been nearly dead from 2 years ago until now and it would still feel the same.

I fixed it, but I think deep down I was remembering a better time or something.

I enjoyed this show. AJ and Bully was really fun sloppy brawl, and the right guy went over with no screwy bullshit. Was really shocked by how good that BroMans vs. Gunner/Storm match was. Some great near falls. Ultimate X was a bit underwhelming, and Angle/Roode could have used less ankle lock/crossface stuff, and the finish sucked. Magnus/Sting, if only Sting were more mobile I think this would have worked a lot better. Magnus deserved better though. EC3 was fine in his role. Missed the Knockouts match.

It really shames me to admit this, but I found myself in a position to watch this tonight, and so I did.

Man, Magnus/Sting was awful. I think everybody's heart was in the right place, but Sting just doesn't have what it takes physically to put a guy over strong anymore. He tries, I'm not hating on him, but he just doesn't have it. I liked the idea of the stuff after the match with Magnus being dismissive and disrespectful of Sting, but it didn't really play, because in spite of the finish, he still didn't come off as a guy anywhere close to Sting's level.

Ultimate X would almost have been offensive, if only I didn't take perverse enjoyment in seeing all those guys figure out how to work that match without taking any big bumps. It was almost like they all said, "You're gonna throw us all together in this meaningless match and expect us to kill ourselves? LOL fuck you."

I literally watched because I figured this was kind of it for the company.

Tag match was really, really fun.

AJ's 450 table bump was fucking insane. Just utterly insane. Like a lot of Bully matches I've seen, the match told a good story, but, man...it just fell apart at the end. There's just so much screwiness in his finishes and so much interferece and just talking to his opponent or to other people, or just fucking rearranging furniture or the ring. It just kills it for me. Again, great story, but at some point the main events just get overwhelmed by the angle around it, when sometimes you just need to let the match be and further the story later.

The main event had all the typical logic problems associated with these "authority figure doesn't want X to win" matches, and it did meander and putter out at the end, but I enjoyed AJ's stuff, taking all the slaps till his chest turned purple and doing that psychotic missed 450 to the outside.

I found it humorous that Bubba went through all that trouble to tear up the ring and expose the boards, but they ended up doing all their spots on the one sliver of padding that he didn't pull up, so nothing looked especially hurty.

This was such a depressing show to watch. It started like that with the pre-show, and then it just continued with everything under-delivering except for the main event. Magnus-Sting told a fine little story, but it was impossible to care about their little 2 week feud over...I guess Magnus throwing a temper tantrum. I half expect Sting to win a baby bottle match against him on Impact. I'm astonished there was no big surprise at the end other than the recreation of MITB '11's ending. Well, minus it feeling like the start of a new boom period or fans that gave a shit.

This probably means nothing, but a Hogan fan in the front row, clad in Hogan gear, was told to either change his outfit or leave. He's pissed about it on Twitter.

How the hell do you do that? I've never bothered carrying around a change of clothes with me in case someone objects to what I'm wearing. I'd offer the guy a free TNA T-shirt if he'd wear it or something like that, but that's it. TNA doesn't need to alienate one more fan at this point.

This probably means nothing, but a Hogan fan in the front row, clad in Hogan gear, was told to either change his outfit or leave. He's pissed about it on Twitter.

How the hell do you do that? I've never bothered carrying around a change of clothes with me in case someone objects to what I'm wearing. I'd offer the guy a free TNA T-shirt if he'd wear it or something like that, but that's it. TNA doesn't need to alienate one more fan at this point.

Maybe they gave him one of those new Dixie Carter shirts, if they haven't sold out of them of course.

Definitely an underwhelming show as it looked on paper. Ultimate X was pretty disappointing. Sabin as X Champ for the 7th time.. feels like his world title reign never even happened. Tag title match was good, shocked at the title change.. didn't really expect any title but the world to change so was really surprised to see all four change. Liked the knockouts match and loved that Gail won. Probably had the best finish of the night with Tapa powerbombing Brooke from the ramp back into the ring. Looking forward to the new Gail/Tapa alliance now.

Enjoyed Angle/Roode for what it was. Odd finish and the whole suddenly declining the HOF deal felt strange. Sting/Magnus was very forgettable. Nice idea but agreed with EVA that Magnus doesn't come off anywhere near Sting's level. Also felt like a weak way for Sting to lose considering everything he took against Bully at Slammiversary. Thought EC3 at least looked better than ever as far as presence and any kind of star quality, could be a potentially good pickup. Fun main event but the finish felt pretty anticlimactic. Also with that weird backstage segment with Bully talking to people offscreen, I expected at least someone unusual to show up even Mr. Anderson or Devon but that seemed to be just nothing. Too bad Hulkster couldn't make a BFG return.