DVDVR Message Board

2020 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Most satisfying, the head kick heard round the world by Holly Holm to Ronda Rousey in round two. Rousey was KTFO. Rousey lost her UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship and perfect record.

Edited by The Natural

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Wasn't sure it was going to happen this year or at all with Khabib sadly losing his Father/Coach to the coronavirus. My most anticipated 2020 fight.

Edited by The Natural

At least he's trying to show that WE ARE ALL ONE serving in the Japanese Diet. 

edit: he's a member of the Constitutional Democratic Party which is centre-left. Probably one of the few athletes to have served in the Japanese Diet not to be with the more traditional conservative party. 

Edited by Jiji

3 hours ago, DangerMark said:

Me too. All these people walking to the cage are squares. More dancing, please.

Dude, Michel Pereira does enough dancing for the entire UFC roster.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, twiztor said:

that's my birthday!

Perhaps Khabib will send you Gaethje's head in a box. Better make room on your shelf.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Dude, Michel Pereira does enough dancing for the entire UFC roster.

He ain't no Genki Sudo.

It sucks that Stipe has been one of the most undermarketed UFC champions. Dude is a fucking awesome guy. That commercial is hilarious too.

Also, Stipe, like John Cena, looks kinda weird growing the hair out like that, but it looks better on him than Cena.

Side note, Right Above It came on my Spotify playlist the other day in the car the other day and I got teary eyed thinking of DC's final match. I fucking hate that two of my favorite fighters are going at it one last time and I have no idea who to root for. It's going to be bittersweet either way.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Craig H said:

It sucks that Stipe has been one of the most undermarketed UFC champions. Dude is a fucking awesome guy. That commercial is hilarious too.

Also, Stipe, like John Cena, looks kinda weird growing the hair out like that, but it looks better on him than Cena.

Side note, Right Above It came on my Spotify playlist the other day in the car the other day and I got teary eyed thinking of DC's final match. I fucking hate that two of my favorite fighters are going at it one last time and I have no idea who to root for. It's going to be bittersweet either way.

Been meaning to ask who you will root for knowing Stipe and Cormier are two of your favourite fighters. I like them both, think I'll be supporting DC though.

In the battle of the Jessicas, I fancy Andrade to KO Eye. Andrade will have to go some to beat the number Valentina inflicted:

HalfSpectacularBluebreastedkookaburra-si

valentina-shevchenko-jessica-eye-ufc-238

KTFO.  Jessica Eye was out for a while, worryingly so.  Eye took so long to regain consciousness.

Edited by The Natural