DVDVR Message Board

2020 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Do you have any idea how badly one has to fuck up to get popped for DWI in New Mexico? Leaving aside the gun charges in a State where half these redneck motherfuckers think it's still the Old West and the Clanton gang might be coming to town any moment now... 

What a totally pin-headed motherfucker, and I should probably apologize to actual pin-heads for defaming them.

I wonder what the quarantine rules are in the state of New Mexico.  I mean if you are supposed to be at home and the places where alcohol is served like restaurants and bars are closed AND YOU STILL get arrested that is some high level stupidity

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I wonder what the quarantine rules are in the state of New Mexico.  I mean if you are supposed to be at home and the places where alcohol is served like restaurants and bars are closed AND YOU STILL get arrested that is some high level stupidity

The NM governor issued a stay at home on Monday starting Tuesday morning through 4/10, but under the things that are being kept open:

Restaurants, but only for delivery or carry out and local breweries or distilleries but only for carry out;

37 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The NM governor issued a stay at home on Monday starting Tuesday morning through 4/10, but under the things that are being kept open:

The first thing I thought when I heard about this was, "how do you get a DWI when you can't go out to drink?"  

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

The first thing I thought when I heard about this was, "how do you get a DWI when you can't go out to drink?"  

Dude, have you seen the shot challenge ("see a shot, take a shot") shit going on during these quarantines? People are getting fucked up INSIDE their homes. That hasn't been an issue.

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

Dude, have you seen the shot challenge ("see a shot, take a shot") shit going on during these quarantines? People are getting fucked up INSIDE their homes. That hasn't been an issue.

I know, me and my friends are doing online brunch and happy hour out of boredom.  The issue is we're doing this shit because we can't go anywhere.  DWI is fucking irresponsible on a good day, but drinking and driving when there is no fucking place to be is insane.  He told the police that he was drinking, driving, and planned on driving again...where the hell is he going?

19 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I know, me and my friends are doing online brunch and happy hour out of boredom.  The issue is we're doing this shit because we can't go anywhere.  DWI is fucking irresponsible on a good day, but drinking and driving when there is no fucking place to be is insane.  He told the police that he was drinking, driving, and planned on driving again...where the hell is he going?

He had a tweet the other night that was kinda concerning. That tweet indicated to me he wasn't in a good state of mind. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and it was cabin fever, but it was definitely concerning.

Edit - Looks like it was deleted because I can't find it.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

People are talking about if UFC 249 goes on, but looking at 250 in Sao Paulo is intriguing as well. 

So apparently, the President of Brazil is clashing with local officials in regards to the COVID-19 policies. Sao Paulo has proven no different:

In Brazil, the governor of São Paulo state ordered 46 million residents to shelter in place Tuesday, with all nonessential services closed. Far-right President Jair Bolsonaro blasted the order, urging Brazilians to get back to work. 

President Jair Bolsonaro: “The livelihoods of families must be safeguarded. We must return to normality. There are a few state and municipal authorities that must abandon scorched-earth policies such as a ban on transportation, closing businesses and mass confinement.”

A close ally of President Trump, Brazilian President Bolsonaro has dismissed COVID-19 as a “little flu” that he could easily survive because of his athleticism.

Aldo is training at home with his wife. The same goes for Ketlen Vieira due to Dede closing down Nova Uniao for the time being. I assume that would apply to other gyms in Brazil.

Right now, it sounds like Sao Paulo is a ghost town.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

I think the problem at this point is less the risk to the fighters themselves and more the risk to support staff and camera crews and what not.  My stance on this hasn't changed; it is too risky to be putting these cards on right now.

Edited by AA484
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AA484 said:

I think the problem at this point is less the risk to the fighters themselves and more the risk to support staff and camera crews and what not.  My stance on this hasn't changed; it is too risky to be putting these cards on right now.

Right now, I am wondering if the traveling crew are thinking like the fighters right now because they are probably getting compensated during this hiatus but probably not the same as if events are happening.

As much as I want to see Ferguson/Khabib, and it's not like I will boycott it if the fight goes on, I got to agree with AA484. I mean look at what happened with WrestleMania this week. It just seems like a bad idea to try and force this to happen in April.

Plus there's the whole making weight issue. Will the fighters still be able to safely make weight? Cutting weight likely doesn't help your immune system and likely makes it more vulnerable.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 5:18 PM, OSJ said:

Do you have any idea how badly one has to fuck up to get popped for DWI in New Mexico? Leaving aside the gun charges in a State where half these redneck motherfuckers think it's still the Old West and the Clanton gang might be coming to town any moment now... 

What a totally pin-headed motherfucker, and I should probably apologize to actual pin-heads for defaming them.

I do now ;).

On 3/26/2020 at 5:24 PM, Craig H said:

Hey Jon, tell me more about how you've totally changed your life and you're more mature and blah blah blah.

This.

12 hours ago, AA484 said:

I agree with you and TheVileOne.

On 3/26/2020 at 1:58 PM, supremebve said:

Going out to get fucked up is "essential business" in New Mexico.

23 hours ago, supremebve said:

This is the first time I've found Colby Covington funny.

I hate the MFr, but damn, that's some hilarious shit!

• Like 1

Ultimately, Serna said the case’s direction depends on whether Jones’ attorneys believe they will get a favorable outcome with the judge assigned to the case, and whether prosecutors believe they have a strong enough case to win a conviction – or settle for a plea-bargain that will save state resources.

”Usually, the DA is happy to waive a jury trial whether it’s part of a plea bargain, dropping it down from a second to a first (offense), or whether it’s because the DA doesn’t want to go through all the hassle and time a jury trial will take,” he said. “It will take a day just to pick the jury because this guy is well-known. It will take a day or two just to try the case, so what started out as a half-day bench trial gets stretched out to a two or three-day trial. Prosecutors typically are more than happy to waive a jury trial because of all the time it eats up that could have been used pleading out dozens of other people.”

I found someone to take on this client

better-call-saul-season-5-trailer-jimmy-

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Haha 1

Just delay the mother fucker. Dana trying to spin it as him doing a public service of providing normalcy is such a farce too.

edit: in saying that, Gaethje vs. Ferguson may be the wildest of wild fights. I would love to see it with people in the crowd to spur them on and add atmosphere. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

Now that Ferguson/Khabib is off, there's no point in pushing this card through anymore. 

What now, Dana? He was so publicly obstinate and stubborn about this, and now this fight is dead yet again, proving that it is a cursed matchup.

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

What now, Dana? 

Dana doesn't post here. You can tweet him if you want. I think he would be very receptive to your opinions.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco