DVDVR Message Board

2020 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

4 hours ago, jaedmc said:

People going to his house to get fucking hammered for free? Yeah. Who wouldn't do that.

But that ain't a friend.

I would go for the purpose of stretching Saran-wrap over his toilet bowl. Much hilarity will ensue.

14 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I would go for the purpose of stretching Saran-wrap over his toilet bowl. Much hilarity will ensue.

I feel like Jerry Jones would be either someone to found this hilarious, or have you killed and can't see anything in between.  Honestly, I can see him finding it hilarious AND having you killed more than any option in between.

On 10/15/2020 at 2:56 PM, jaedmc said:

People going to his house to get fucking hammered for free? Yeah. Who wouldn't do that.

But that ain't a friend.

It's as close as the Super-Rich can ever come. That's why they spend all that time moaning about the price of success.

What a weird sequence of events. They offer Edwards the short notice fight against Usman and he says no. They offer him Colby Covington and he says no. 

They offer Wonder Boy a fight with Chimaev and Wonder Boy (correctly) says that does nothing for him as Chimaev isn't ranked, and Wonder Boy is top 5.

Thompson then challenges Leon Edwards. Edwards says no and tells him to go fuck off and fight Chimaev

Edwards accepts fight with Chimaev.

3 hours ago, jaedmc said:

What a weird sequence of events. They offer Edwards the short notice fight against Usman and he says no. They offer him Colby Covington and he says no. 

They offer Wonder Boy a fight with Chimaev and Wonder Boy (correctly) says that does nothing for him as Chimaev isn't ranked, and Wonder Boy is top 5.

Thompson then challenges Leon Edwards. Edwards says no and tells him to go fuck off and fight Chimaev

Edwards accepts fight with Chimaev.

To quote the late, great Big L, "Nobody can take nothin' from Big L but a loss, chief."

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Not fucking around with Prochazka. I like it. Somebody will be going to sleep and early. 

That's a tough fight for Reyes after the Blachowicz performance. I get he wants to get back in there and prove he's better than that, but this is a hell of an opponent for a bounce back fight.

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

That's a tough fight for Reyes after the Blachowicz performance. I get he wants to get back in there and prove he's better than that, but this is a hell of an opponent for a bounce back fight.

His complaint about Blachowicz was that it was only six weeks notice. This one would at least give him over four months to prepare. 

Though it's no wonder he lost to Blachowicz with that type of mindset. Jon Jones didn't complain about having to fight Shogun six weeks after his fight with Bader. That's what separates champions from gatekeepers.

39 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

His complaint about Blachowicz was that it was only six weeks notice. This one would at least give him over four months to prepare. 

Though it's no wonder he lost to Blachowicz with that type of mindset. Jon Jones didn't complain about having to fight Shogun six weeks after his fight with Bader. That's what separates champions from gatekeepers.

Well that's the automatic excuse If he said that AFTER the fight. I don't think that would be something Dominick would've said had he won.