DVDVR Message Board

2020 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Mike Perry does not sound mentally fit enough to be locked into an Octagon this weekend. I hope he gets pulled from the fight based off this interview. He sounded erratic and not well, or like he did rails of coke before this interview.

Not sure how Max Holloway gets pulled from a fight for an interview where he's slurring his words, but Perry is allowed to go into the Octagon after this. 

51 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Mike Perry does not sound mentally fit enough to be locked into an Octagon this weekend. I hope he gets pulled from the fight based off this interview. He sounded erratic and not well, or like he did rails of coke before this interview.

So basically he sounded like Mike Perry.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Long term brain damage added to being a dummy in the first place?

I'm definitely concerned about him having brain damage now. He seemed very erratic in this video. Not to mention, getting married and divorced months later. Making his new girlfriend his sole cornerman for the Mickey Gall fight to "sit there and look beautiful." 

On 6/26/2020 at 1:17 AM, The Natural said:

Still pretty crazy to think just a few weeks away from his 10th anniversary of his UFC debut, he finally gets a title shot as a late replacement to a guy who finished him previously and manages to finally win UFC gold. And he basically did it with only one good eye and no depth perception. Good for Bisping, one of the business' greatest success stories. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 2

Yup. Zhang/Joanna is one of the best MMA fights I've ever seen and it elevated the sport not just for women but the entire fucking sport. The dramatic momentum shifts, the high level skill, the crazy hematoma, and willpower on display was something that has to be seen. I'd go with Poirier and Hooker as the runner up and Burgos/Emmett at #3. There have been a wealth of great fights the past couple of years though. Seems like you can add Hooker's name to the list of lightweights that are always going to give you a FOTYC or something amazing to watch alongside Poirier, Ferguson, and Gaethje. Felder/Hooker was one of the better fights this year too, I'd probably go 4th.

I was looking over Tapology's lists of Fights of the Year and how the fuck was Lawler/Conditt from 2016? It feels more like 2006 than just four years ago.

• Like 1