DVDVR Message Board

2020 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

It's an intriguing what if. I have some: 

Carlos Condit had he won the split decision vs. Robbie Lawler for the UFC Welterweight Championship as he should.

Benson Henderson's robvbery split decision win vs. Frankie Edgar. Edgar moved down to Featherweight as a result. One of the worst decisions ever, Edgar 49-46.

If GSP didn't vacate the UFC Welterweight Championship, would he have gone on to beat Silva's record for consecutive title defenses. I think so.

To answer the first one I think Condit vs Woodley without the injury to Condit would’ve been an interesting fight, and could have made the Welterweight division better in the long run (assuming Condit wins). 

That was one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen, and I agree with you on the score. I think had Frankie won he would’ve had a possible FOTY with Showtime Pettis. 

This is the one I’m least sure of. Does he beat Hendricks if they do an immediate rematch? If they go with him vs Robbie Lawler then he definitely keeps the belt as he’d take Robbie down, and smother him. But that would lead into the Hendricks rematch, and I’m still not sure he wins that fight. 

• Thanks 1

UFC 251 poster. I was surprised by the news Jose Aldo was dropping to Bantamweight and that he made weight. It's going to suck getting down to the 135 Bantamweight limit without the one pound allowance and more than once if he wins which I doubt.

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Reports are she torn her ACL and MCL so probably 6-9 months unless she has some Wolverine Healing Factor. 

Yeah, the estimate recovery time did seem a bit wide in range. I am not sure how many injuries where you're either out 3 months or 9 months.

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Reports are she torn her ACL and MCL so probably 6-9 months unless she has some Wolverine Healing Factor. 

Yeah, 6-9 sounds about right. ACL is the worst of the knee injuries and then add an MCL to it.

Holy shit, Jinh Yu Frey's abs are insane. That woman is cut. Is she any good or just in really good shape? Too bad they're going to the most stacked (only stacked?) women's division right now. Flyweight could really use some good prospects.

Wait, I would've seen her vs. Hamasaki last year. And yet I have no recollection of it.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1