DVDVR Message Board

Raw on MLK - 1/20/2020

Dolfan in NYC

36 minutes ago, Zartan said:

It’s nice to see people blaming someone besides Vince for the bad booking even if you know this show has writers and not just Paul. Forget the fact Vince has final say on everything. 

Reminds me of everyone blaming Bischoff for Smackdown then it turns out he was quickly downgraded to a consultant because they couldn’t put any of his stuff on TV. Which either means his ideas were even more illogical then the current ones or actually good. 

Though I’ll admit blaming Vince for being out of touch is like beating a dead horse at this point. 

Paul Heyman is the Executive Director on Raw. Whether Vince has final say or not, he deserves some of the blame for the creative issues.

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Paul Heyman is the Executive Director on Raw. Whether Vince has final say or not, he deserves some of the blame for the creative issues.

Is Executive Director higher or lower than Constable of RAW?

The show has been the exact same kind of awful for 20 years now. Vince and Kevin Dunn are the only constants during that time. Blaming someone else is dumb.

That countdown to the Claymore thing Drew is doing is terrible. Yeah, have the crowd tell your opponent exactly what's coming and how long they have to counter. Brilliant. I know they've done similar things in the past with Sweet Chin Music, the Spear, the Brogue, etc. But the counting really adds an extra layer of nonsense. I hate it. And him continuing to use it probably suggests it's here to stay for a while. 

Re: Black-Murphy, they can easily put that on the back burner for a while. Let Murphy develop while not being tied to another guy who's also a project. And when the time comes and Murphy has established himself as something worth talking about, have Black enter the scene and remind Murphy that he deserves nothing if he can't beat Black. Of course this all comes with the usual caveat that this company hasn't given a lick of thought to what any midcarder will be doing two weeks from now. 

I tried to watch the ladder match and turned it off. I never need to see another ladder match for the rest of my life. Too much risk for a tired gimmick with tired tropes. This a week after they did a ladder match at TakeOver: Blackpool. It's all too much. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

For the last 20 years of shitty creative there's been one constant and his name is Vince McMahon.  Sure,  we can blame the Knicks coach for the team sucking but they've sucked for two decades..  At some point, it comes back to the owner.  NBA people have figured out Dolan is the problem.  

Why is it so hard for some of you to just say Vince is the issue? 

• Like 1