DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.54

Dolfan in NYC

on the second 3 and out Mostert got 6 yards on first down and then they threw it twice in a row when they needed to eat clock in addition to running being their strength and I'm going to be Unhappy about that for a long, long, time.

• Like 4

Shanahan does some really creative things on offense but adjustments may be a problem, it would seem. 

Andy Reid: also does a lot of creative things on offense but struggles with certain aspects of the game. I am assuming Shanahan wins a Super Bowl well before the age of 61. 

15 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

on the second 3 and out Mostert got 6 yards on first down and then they threw it twice in a row when they needed to eat clock in addition to running being their strength and I'm going to be Unhappy about that for a long, long, time.

Much like plays near the end of the 28-3 disaster, this will be the sequence I remember as the worst head scratcher. I think SFwas averaging like 9 yards a carry and the goal there is to take time off the clock.

18 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

That was bad but again the only throws Jimmy hit all night were incredible play designs where receivers were wide fucking open.  It's not on Kyle more than it is Jimmy. If you want it to be on both of them that's fair but I'm leaning more so on Jimmy because he was mostly inept when the call didn't open up a black hole for him to throw to. 

I had to switch bandwagons at the end of the game. I'd been pulling for SF, since my brother in law is a big fan. But, when KC got that last score, it put one of my buddies in line to win $150 on my sister in law's super bowl board. So, I had to root for KC to get the stop on the last drive so that my friend could win the pot.

2 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Shanahan now presiding over the two biggest collapses in Super Bowl history.

Well, it's appropriate here. Just like there must always be a lich king, there must always be one coach every other team can mock.

Andy Reid winning a Super Bowl and getting the monkey off his back can officially take him away as that lich king, and Shanahan's two collapses probably handed it to him.

18 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Well, it's appropriate here. Just like there must always be a lich king, there must always be one coach every other team can mock.

Andy Reid winning a Super Bowl and getting the monkey off his back can officially take him away as that lich king, and Shanahan's two collapses probably handed it to him.

It's a weird idea, but maybe true. It's not the dirt worst coaches getting mocked, but the ones that are really really successful, except...

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sometimes you have to tip your cap.  The Chiefs should have won the Super Bowl last year. They'd be back to back right now. They are the best team with the best player on the planet. 

I think you're forgetting Gardner Minshew! Wait, it says here you're not. Carry on.

1 hour ago, happjack said:

I guess most of America didn't pick up on the political messages in the halftime show, not only the kids in cages but J-Lo's Puerto Rican flag cape.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/super-bowl/8549924/jennifer-lopez-shakira-halftime-show-border-crisis-statement-kids-cages

Love all of the people bitching about her "Cuban" flag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also like how they are hiding the real reason they are mad behind "THE SUPER BOWL IS SUPPOSED TO BE FAMILY FRIENDLY".  Yeah I am sure you are offended by two sexy women shaking their ass on TV 

So if you believe in USA Today polling, the Bill Murray Groundhog Day commercial was the winner.  Can't argue with that.

Edited by hammerva