DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.54

Dolfan in NYC

Well anyone that wonders whether Andy Reid should be a Hall of Famer, tonight might have sealed the deal just like Bill Cowher did beating the Seahawks 

Nobody would have believed you if you said that in order for the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl they would have to make 3 huge comebacks 

Edited by hammerva

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Well anyone that wonders whether Andy Reid should be a Hall of Famer, tonight might have sealed the deal just like Bill Cowher did beating the Seahawks 

He has to be. So innovative, pushed the game forward, a ton of success, and now likely a ring? Slam dunk.

I mean, Tony fucking Dungy is in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Jimmy G ain't it.  Hell of a year but it's tough to win it all when the QB has to be limited by that much. 

He played great for three quarters, though.

----

Andy Reid has made a career out of getting good play from mediocre QBs, and great play out of good ones. Amazing what happens when he gets a generational talent taking snaps.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

He played great for three quarters, though.

It's all design.  He's made some great throws this year but most of the offense is from Kyle's design.  The receivers are always open and all Jimmy is asked to do is place it in a comfortable window.  

That said,  Kyle probably needed to keep running up 20-17 and elects to pass twice in a row. 

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Jimmy G ain't it.  Hell of a year but it's tough to win it all when the QB has to be limited by that much. 

For the first 3 quarters you could have said the same thing about Mahomes to be honest.   Jimmy G may be more of a system QB than people want. 

The Niners got where they did on great defense and a solid running game.  The defense failed them and the running game disappeared in the 4th quarter

Tons of respect for Reid. It's sometimes fun to knock the guy for his clock management, but I'm happy for him to finally get his ring.

And Mahomes is only 24. He looked so tentative for 3 quarters, throwing under to his receivers, making bad reads and throws, and then the 4th quarter comes and he's absolutely lethal. He cast aside whatever he was doing all game and went back to being a killer.

• Like 1

As a Falcons fan, my pettiness level is off the charts right now. Kyle Shanahan's tears give me life. And Nick Bosa crying over not getting to meet his hero in the White House is just gravy...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, just drew said:

As a Falcons fan, my pettiness level is off the charts right now. Kyle Shanahan's tears give me life. And Nick Bosa crying over not getting to meet his hero in the White House is just gravy...

Damn right. Fuck Shanahan. Fuck him, Fuck him, FUCK HIM. Ok I'm better now.

• Like 4

Just now, Black Angel said:

Damn right. Fuck Shanahan. Fuck him, Fuck him, FUCK HIM. Ok I'm better now.

"Passed when he should've run" will be his legacy forever. He can hold a dick. Not for being a terrible play caller when it matters, but for his refusal to own his part of the Falcon's collapse in that game...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

"Passed when he should've run" will be his legacy forever. He can hold a dick. Not for being a terrible play caller when it matters, but for his refusal to own his part of the Falcon's collapse in that game...

maybe someday Tevin Coleman will kick his leg out of his leg while shouting all you had to do was tag me hand me the ball

• Like 3