DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 9

Dolfan in NYC

It would still be better than that shitty blue field that hurts my eyes.

I love the Smurf Turf.  It definitely can hurt the eyes if you're watching the game on a crappy TV or if it's being broadcast by some low rent channel.  There's a big difference between watching a Boise game on ESPN and watching it on your 27" tube set broadcast by SWX, that's for sure.

• Like 1

I'm holding out for the Mister Cookie Face Bowl.

Speaking of bowls, BYU accepted a bid to the Fight Hunger Bowl after whomping Boise last night. Apparently this was a pre-arranged deal, but it's still weird seeing schools locked into a bowl when it's only October and they could do a lot better for themselves.

The new college bowl game that will be played in Marlins Park will be called the "Miami Beach Bowl".  

Miami Beach is about a half-hour drive away from Marlins Park.

This name is stupid. 

Without traffic(and looking for a fucking parking space) it's about 8 minutes really. But yeah, it should be the "Miami Orange Park Bowl" or something.

Fucking UM... They need to win this game so FSU can have a top 10 win next week to secure the #2 spot.

I haven't watched any football this week so far, but ESPN just had one of the blurbs on the front page say "Fowler catches crazy TD Pass for Mich. State", which I thought was post worthy. I guess Michigan is off this week, so Brian decided to help out Sparty?

• Like 3

Baylor in person (and as one of approximately 54 persons) is as nuts as you'd expect. Petty had (he's out already, of course) perhaps his least accurate game of the year, and Baylor even managed to cough the ball up once - and, of all things, punt twice. Still notched about 500 yards in the first half, of course. Granted, Kansas is the "easy" mode of automatic qualifier football (Uconn, maybe, could contest that); but it still looks like they're fucking with the sliders a little bit. 

Hooray for the Golden Gophers after all the stuff with Coach Kill. First victory over Nebraska since 1960, and the first time they had a lead against Nebraska since 1964.

Yeah, they're not OMG NEBRASKA any more, but it was still kind of awesome.

And they're bowl eligible. . .sure, they'll probably wind up in the Car Care Bowl or something like that, but hey. . .baby steps.