DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/28/20

Impact Wrestling - Airing January 28, 2020 from Mexico City, Mexico

*El Hijo del Vikingo def. Josh Alexander (w/ Ethan Page) with a hurricarana

*The Rascalz (Dez & Wentz) def. Pagano & Murder Clown

*Moose def. Taurus after the Spear. After the match, Rhino came out and hit the Gore on Moose.

*Jordynne Grace def. Madison Rayne & Kiera Hogan via Grace Driver on Kiera to become #1 contender. Taya Valkyrie did commentary.

*Daga & Dr. Wagner Jr. def. Reno Scum (Adam Thornstowe & Luster the Legend). After the match, oVe attack Daga & Wagner.

*Michael Elgin def. Eddie Edwards in match 1 in their Best of 5 series.

Edited by DreamBroken

Vikingo had money thrown in the ring and fucked if he didn't deserve it. That was killer. I don't really care about highspots much these days but watching him is like seeing Rey for the first time again. Never seen Josh Alexander but he was a perfectly fine monster base for him. The powerbomb on his own knee was pretty evil looking, too.

Murder Clown hits maybe the ugliest 619 I've ever seen. It's basically a step out onto the apron followed by a one-legged kick through the ropes. Ugh.

Hey, Moose vs. Taurus isn't listed above! Nice surprise. Moose is rock solid hanging with the lucha spots and slowing down the pace at will; Taurus looks strong too even though he takes the fall. Rhyno's spear is still best though.

Joey Ryan says RVD's lady friend wants to touch "it". Welcome to the Second Circle of Jim Cornette's personal Wrestling Hell ? Or is it the Sixth, or perhaps the Ninth? They all kind of fit.

The Knockouts have fun playing with the 3-Way rules, trying to balance the two friends against Jordynne. Her against Taya will be good. 

The "child" (I think?) who looks like a 40 year old man on the Shriner's commercial is freaking me out. It is also creepy how all of these seriously fucked-up kids all seem to be accomplished actors. 

Daga and Doc and Reno Scum decide to do an American tag complete with Southern hot tag, Doc almost ends up dying on a flip that looks to get pretty much turned into a DDT though. He also seems to tweak his knee once. I guess it's good Blue Demon Jr. didn't show up with a hammer because OVE runs in to beat them up too. Did Sami dye his hair white?! Doc's kid is a big boy, hopefully he can work heavyweight in AAA. 

Don't really like watching Elgin anymore. For those of you who don't mind he's having a best of five with Eddie, AFTER Elgin already beat him three times in a row. On top of that he reverses a Tiger Driver and appears to kill Eddie by dropping him on his head. This will satisfy your stiffness quotient for the evening. 

• Like 1

It's a Catch all move name for a move that doesn't have a name that I have heard. The 1st instance I remember using it was in IWA-MS in a match between Jimmy Jacobs and Brando Thomaselli. Brandon gave Jimmy Jacobs a back drop held onto him and dropped him straight on his head Prazak and whoever was with him on Commentary called it a GO DIE Driver.  

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 9:59 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Vikingo had money thrown in the ring and fucked if he didn't deserve it. That was killer. I don't really care about highspots much these days but watching him is like seeing Rey for the first time again. Never seen Josh Alexander but he was a perfectly fine monster base for him. The powerbomb on his own knee was pretty evil looking, too.

Yeah, I was thinking that Alexander was a better Malenko to Vikingo's Rey Misterio Jr.

On 1/29/2020 at 2:59 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Did Sami dye his hair white?!

That was Jake Crist with the white hair. I think he's shifting away from the Golden Draw gimmick now he's nowhere near the X Division title any more.