DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2020

Casey

22 hours ago, Casey said:

It could have been easily moved over to the new Marvel TV Studios, like the MODOK show presumably has been since a voice cast was announced and everything.

The Marvel TV shitcanning is more of a purge.   Nearly everything that has too much of a Jeph Loeb fingerprint on it probably isn't coming back or won't be relocated.   That's probably what happened to Howard the Duck and Tigra / Dazzler.

Doesn't mean that the content can't be reconstituted at another time with Feige's DNA all over it.

Somehow I think that Iron Fist season 2 is actually worse than season 1. I fully admit that I just kinda gave up on the last episode and started skipping through it. It's a shame that the Danny Rand character is probably completely burned for the near future because of the Netflix series.

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Some official confirmation on release dates, per Bob Iger: Falcon & Winter Soldier is airing in August, and WandaVision is in December.

Cheers. Do we know if its an episode per week or all at once? Looking forward to them more than the Marvel Studios movies this year.

Edited by The Natural

I'm pretty sure all Disney+ original shows will follow the weekly release format.

He also confirmed that seven other MCU shows are in various stages of development or production, but we've only had confirmation of 8 (WandaVision, Loki, F&TWS, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, She-Hulk and What If). So that's two shows that haven't been announced that they're actively working on.

And no, Hawkeye hasn't been cancelled or suspended indefinitely. It's supposedly just been pushed back because Hailee Steinfeld is the one and only choice for Kate Bishop, and has nothing to do with Jeremy Renner's personal life.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Casey said:

And no, Hawkeye hasn't been cancelled or suspended indefinitely. It's supposedly just been pushed back because Hailee Steinfeld is the one and only choice for Kate Bishop, and has nothing to do with Jeremy Renner's personal life.

*insert "SureJan.gif" here*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

WandaVision probably takes the Loki spot in 2021, which in turn gives Falcon & Winter Soldier the December date that WandaVision originally had.

I can’t seem them delaying WandaVision for almost a year just because Multiverse of Madness got pushed to November ‘21, unless things stay the way they are and the world is still (pretty much) closed down.

I’m pretty sure that’s the only confirmed series that’s a “prequel” for an MCU movie, too.

220px-Daredevil_season_1_poster.jpg

4ba344005990d68862d9667dbeb5d16855a5c409

On this day five years ago, Marvel’s Daredevil Season 1: A Netflix Original Series was released. At the time I said it was not only the best thing from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it was the best Marvel live-action ever done. Since then, more things have come out from the MCU but my opinion remains unchanged though Daredevil: Season 3 pushed Daredevil: Season 1 close.

Here’s why I rate Daredevil: Season 1 as I do. *SPOILERS FOLLOW*

The origin story of Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Wilson Fisk/the Kingpin. Matt Murdock is blinded as a child but gains heightened senses. Murdock is a lawyer during the day and fights crime at night as a vigilante, Daredevil. Wilson Fisk sees abuse by his Father at the expense of him and his Mother, becomes a businessman and is a feared criminal whose name you should not say.

The great ensemble cast with no weak links across the board: Matt Murdock/Daredevil played by Charlie Cox, Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin performed by Vincent D’Onofrio, Eiden Henson as Franklin Nelson, Deborah Ann Woll’s Karen Page, Bob Gunton as Leland Owsley, Vondie Curtis Hall who plays Ben Ulrich, Toby Leonard Moore’s James Wesley and Father Paul Lantom played by Peter McRobbie. You can never say never, but you’re not going to find anybody to play Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Wilson Fisk/the Kingpin better than Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio.

If you take the first two episodes and the best two called Into the Ring (Ep1) and Cut Man (Ep2) showing them as a standalone feature film, the origin would only be behind Batman Begins (2005) as the cream of the crop live action origins. To go with the origin told in those two episodes, Into the Ring ends on a great music montage of things to come and of course, there’s THAT one take hallway fight from Cut Man.

Best moments: Matt Murdock’s speech in confession to his Priest (Into the Ring, Ep1)…The first talk between Murdock and Fisk over walkie-talkie (Condemned, Ep6)…Bill Fisk teaching his son violence which leads to Wilson Fisk telling Vanessa he wears his Dad’s cufflinks to remind him he’s not cruel for the sake of cruelty (Shadows in the Glass, Ep8)…

Wilson Fisk’s about the parable of the Good Samaritan while he’s travelling in police custody (Daredevil, Ep13)…The ending to Daredevil, Ep13 with Wilson Fisk in his jail cell looking at white wall as he was forced to as a child by his Dad…Daredevil in his new red suit standing on a rooftop, hears a scream and jumps down from the building set to more great music by John Paesano.

I do have some criticisms though mainly the number of deaths of key supporting characters: James Wesley, Ben Ulrich and Leland Owsley. All three were missed in Daredevil: Season 2 and Season 3. I’ve gotten used to the first red suit, I like it but it could have been something more. Least it was improved by a new cowl and baggier pants in the second half of Daredevil: Season 2 and the Defenders crossover.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 3