DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2020

Casey

On 12/1/2020 at 7:53 AM, RIPPA said:

As spotted on Twitter - the limited run Hawkeye series that will be on Disney+ will start shooting in Brooklyn tomorrow (Dec 3)

No - the casting of Kate Bishop still has not been officially announced

But - Haliee Steinfeld has been photographed on set in the Kate Bishop outfit, with a bow and arrow, with Lucky the Pizza Dog.

I don't know why you went with the video when there are MUCH clearer pictures.

Also, either they're adapting the storyline where Hawkeye goes deaf, or it's a COVID related thing so Renner can hear the director without getting too close. But in some pictures of Renner, you can see he's wearing an earpiece/hearing aide.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 8:36 AM, Casey said:

Also, either they're adapting the storyline where Hawkeye goes deaf, or it's a COVID related thing so Renner can hear the director without getting too close. But in some pictures of Renner, you can see he's wearing an earpiece/hearing aide.

To go with this

So more evidence towards the hearing loss angle. Or you can just say its happening based one photo like this dude.

• Like 1

There's a lot of problems with the casting of Ms. Marvel, if the casting rumors are true. But that's easily the most serious out of all of them. I don't even know who Andrew Brodeur could be playing, though. Maybe Joshua Richardson/Discord? And I haven't heard his name come up in relation to Ms. Marvel before literally just now. But either way, that's probably one Marvel/Disney needs to go ahead and recast immediately.

The others are about representation for Muslims in western media (Nakia being played by a white Christian, the actress for Muneeba is a non-Muslim Indian) and supposedly Matt Lintz being a Trump supporter (but he denies it).

Edited by Casey

Not mentioned here:

Ms. Marvel is a late 2021 release. Presumably Hawkeye is before it.

She-Hulk will see Mark Ruffalo return as Bruce Banner/The Hulk, and Tim Roth as the Abomination. Tatiana Maslany is confirmed for the titular role.

Baby Groot limited series.

Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special in 2022.

Secret Invasion with Sam Jackson returning as Nick Fury, and Ben Mendelsohn as Talos.

Don Cheadle returns as War Machine in Armor Wars.

Dominique Thorne is Riri Williams in Ironheart.

• Like 4

So WandaVision is January 2021, Falcon and the Winter Soldier is March 2021. Thinking Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel will be the last two in 2021 unless Loki makes five. Think Disney will want to space them out, give them their time so they have more fresh content to add and keep subscribers.

24 minutes ago, The Natural said:

So WandaVision is January 2021, Falcon and the Winter Soldier is March 2021. Thinking Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel will be the last two in 2021 unless Loki makes five. Think Disney will want to space them out, give them their time so they have more fresh content to add and keep subscribers.

Loki is being released in May 2021. 

• Like 1

I’m almost positive some of those shows they announced without release dates, like She-Hulk, will probably start filming next year for a 2022 release date. As it stands right now, I don’t believe anything is on the slate for Marvel content in 2022 for Disney+ so it would make sense. Quick turnarounds too - the footage they showed of Ms. Marvel is quite literally a few weeks old, for example. Hawkeye started earlier this month (or November) and it’ll be out next year too.