DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2020

Casey

• 2 weeks later...

So if all the rumors and technical jargon is to be believed, the rights for Iron Fist have reverted back to Marvel Studios as of today.

I believe Luke Cage will follow in the next few weeks, Daredevil next month, and Jessica Jones & The Punisher sometime in early 2021.

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

So if all the rumors and technical jargon is to be believed, the rights for Iron Fist have reverted back to Marvel Studios as of today.

I believe Luke Cage will follow in the next few weeks, Daredevil next month, and Jessica Jones & The Punisher sometime in early 2021.

I don't believe them. It's all just speculation from clickbait websites.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Casey said:

Deadline is reporting that Oscar Isaac is in negotiations to play Moon Knight/Marc Spector in the Disney+ series.

He wasn't my first choice, but I suppose they could've done worse noting some of the choices that garbage clickbait websites were pushing. My main hope is that the Judiasm in his backstory will be kept intact. And yes, I realize Marc Spector being Jewish isn't a major part of his character past his adulthood and he worships and Egyptian deity.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/moon-knight-mohamed-diab-to-direct-marvels-disney-series-1234604345/

Egyptian filmmaker Mohamed Diab is apparently set to direct the show. The writer of the series is one of the credited writers for Fant4stic and Death Note (Netflix), so I hope he's up to the task.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Save Daredevil is trending on twitter. Apparently today is the day that the rights revert to Marvel from Netflix, so there's a coordinated fan campaign to try and pressure Feige to bring it back.

It's like the Release the Snyder Cut thing, only for something that's actually good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

Save Daredevil is trending on twitter. Apparently today is the day that the rights revert to Marvel from Netflix, so there's a coordinated fan campaign to try and pressure Feige to bring it back.

It's like the Release the Snyder Cut thing, only for something that's actually good.

Fucking love Daredevil on Netflix. Said the following before and wish to again, S1 is not only the best thing in the MCU, it's the best live action Marvel's ever had closely followed by S3 in second place. Still enjoyed S2 even though it's the weakest of the three. Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio are perfect as Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Wilson Fisk/the Kingpin. I genuinely can't think of anyone doing better in those roles.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

While another series would be great I would just be happy if Cox & co. returned to their characters within the MCU. 

As spotted on Twitter - the limited run Hawkeye series that will be on Disney+ will start shooting in Brooklyn tomorrow (Dec 3)

No - the casting of Kate Bishop still has not been officially announced

And Florence Pugh's character from Black Widow is going to be in it. They keep saying she's "returning" to the MCU, but technically she hasn't actually appeared in it yet.

• Haha 1