DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2020

Casey

I'm far more invested in the Ms. Marvel show if we're talkin' about the ladies of Marvel on Disney+, but this is exciting too. I think the rumors as of a few months ago was that Mark Ruffalo's Hulk would be in this show.

14 hours ago, Matt D said:

Tatiana Mfin' Clone Club Maslany is slumming it by only playing two different personalities. She's She-Hulk. 

I like Tatiana Maslany, and am going to watch this show, but when I think of She-Hulk I don't see petite little Tatiana Maslany.  

I'm weird, but whenever I think of Tatiana Maslany, I think of her more for her really short stint on Parks and Rec more than Orphan Black. Also, I didn't even finish season 1 of Orphan Black. I probably should.

Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah (Bad Boys For Life), Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (A Girl In The River, Saving Face) and Meera Menon (Equity, Farah Goes Bang) are all going to be directing episodes for Ms. Marvel on Disney+

I think Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is the most surprising one, for me personally.

• Like 1

My body is ready. Don't get me wrong, I want to see Falcon & Winter Soldier too, but my most anticipated Disney+ shows are a two-way tie between WandaVision and Ms. Marvel.

Inject this shit into my veins. The fact that there's a trailer for this before F&WS leads me to believe that it's coming out before that show, and sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Casey said:

Inject this shit into my veins. The fact that there's a trailer for this before F&WS leads me to believe that it's coming out before that show, and sooner rather than later.

It's my understanding that when COVID shut everything down earlier this year, they had finished filming all of WandaVision, but still had a few things to film/reshoot for F&WS, and they ended up changing the order of the shows a bit. WandaVision will come out this year (no exact date yet, I'm guessing post Mandalorian), and they're hoping for F&WS by Spring-ish next year. Haven't heard much of anything about the Loki show in months, which has me a touch worried. They've also bumped the Dr Strange movie up a bit, since it seems to tie in to a lot of this.

I think there's basically no way of knowing what their business model is right now, even if we could have suspected what it was pre-COVID. If they decide that WandaVision is a massive success, they'll find a way to do another. All signs indicate that it's primarily something being done to set up the Dr. Strange movie and play with the episodic format in a meta-textual way though. I could very much see a season 2 that DOES follow King's comic and is about Vision trying to make his own family, for instance.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:36 PM, odessasteps said:

I presume this is as close to Kings book as we will get. 

Bettany really looks like Darren Steven's in this. 

At some point early on, someone connected with the show described it as Wanda using her powers to give herself and Vision the American Dream - and going loopy in the process.  That sounds quite a bit like a rewrite of King's series, with Wanda standing in for the family.  Couldn't tell from the trailers, but I'm hoping that's the direction they went.  I'm skeptical the show is going to be a lighthearted sitcom even though that's how the trailer made it seem.

It'll all depend on the writing, but I'm on board for the season now.  Had zero interest in the show until I saw the trailer.

14 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

WandaVision looks phenomenal. I’ll defitely be watching.

Is this meant to be a one-and-done or potentially an ongoing series? 

It's a series meant to lead into the second Dr. Strange movie.

On 9/21/2020 at 8:30 AM, JLSigman said:

Haven't heard much of anything about the Loki show in months, which has me a touch worried. 

Fear not - production just resumed per Gugu Mbatha-Raw

And to go along with what Ace just said - Loki is also supposed to tie into the 2nd Dr Strange movie (that comes straight from Kevin Feige)

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 12:58 PM, Eoae said:

At some point early on, someone connected with the show described it as Wanda using her powers to give herself and Vision the American Dream - and going loopy in the process.  That sounds quite a bit like a rewrite of King's series, with Wanda standing in for the family.  Couldn't tell from the trailers, but I'm hoping that's the direction they went.  I'm skeptical the show is going to be a lighthearted sitcom even though that's how the trailer made it seem.

It'll all depend on the writing, but I'm on board for the season now.  Had zero interest in the show until I saw the trailer.

It’s also very reminiscent of the Englehrt Vision & SW maxi series.