DVDVR Message Board

DC TV - 2020

J.T.

My move caused me to take a couple days to watch the rest of Crisis.  I thought the cameo in ep 4 was a fun 90 seconds and didn't think much more about it.  I REALLY hope Ryan sticks around somewhere; my all time favorite DC chars are probably Kon-El, Wally West #1, Ted Kord, Barbara Gordon and Ryan Choi, so with Routh leaving sometime this season it'd be lovely to get the All New Atom.  The last shot of the cage was cute but didn't move me or anything.

I was surprised to hear about the cancellation.  I thought it was supposed to end the way it did, being a limited series and all.

The ending was so note perfect that I didn't think there was going to be a second season, nor did I think the series needed one.

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think it needs a second season but they should have Lindelof working on something.

Lindelöf is my new Paul Dini.  He knows how to tell a DC story.  DC needs to hire that guy and put him to work.

Edited by J.T.

13 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

So their opinion is useless then.

Their main issue what that they felt a lot of lore (especially the Spectre stuff but not just) was dropped in quickly without real explanation and it was just assumed people would understand it.

Obviously we weren't going to have any problems with it, but....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Lindelöf is my new Paul Dini.  He knows how to tell a DC story.  DC needs to hire that guy and put him to work.

I wouldn't be happy with the quality TV we'd lose if Lindelof started spending all that time on cape shit. After two monster critical hits in a row, I'm hoping HBO put him on the David Simon deal and act as his home for the foreseeable future.

a6978e36d414a855-600x338.jpg

Two Supermen and the Flash. Man, the costume designers nailed the Kingdom Come Superman outfit. Might well be my favourite live action Supes suit with the classic Christopher Reeves costume. I've always liked the Arrowverse's Supes suit as well.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

Their main issue what that they felt a lot of lore (especially the Spectre stuff but not just) was dropped in quickly without real explanation and it was just assumed people would understand it.

Obviously we weren't going to have any problems with it, but....

Did anybody try to do comparisons to Endgame?  There were certain elements in part 4 where I figured they'd jump on that as further proof.  And for the record I'm not saying it is, just trying to read their minds.

As for the finale I loved it.  I was not that  emotionally invested in Arrow since I didn't watch the show.  But man did they do a helluva job to make his exit meaningful and you could just feel the gravity of it all.  But from what I've seen of Amell in the crossovers and outside the show (WWE/All In stuff) I wish him the best with whatever he's got next.  I will admit that parts of part 5 felt a tad anticlimatic but the end was awesome stuff.  Routh flying in space a la Christopher Reeve gave me chills and I feel he has fully achieved redemption for his role as Superman.  Heck, if you told me he'd star in a new Superman movie I may consider watching it.  And dude, the Hall of Justice with the theme at the end was just outstanding.  Really loved Crisis overall and am interested to see how the changes affect the respective shows going forward.

I mentioned this to RandomAct on Twitter, but I thought part 4 was underwhelming. All the time devoted to stopping Mar Novu was just quickly wiped away by “Oh, there are other Mar Novus in the Multiverse.” Ollie told Barry that memories were what connected them so Barry just quickly went to memories neither Barry nor the other paragon were a part of. I didn’t think any of it was bad, it’s just that towards the end I realized that most of what happened in that hour didn’t really have much impact or weight in the grand scheme of things.

That said, I liked the final hour and loved the set up for Earth Prime moving forward.

• Like 1

Black Lightning surprisingly ended mostly where it left off. I do like that at least one of other persona side from Jeff is aware of Crisis. So far there haven't been any hiccups like we had in Supergirl and Batwoman though they kind of hinted there will be at some point.

The Green Arrow and Canaries pilot was decent enough, but I still have little interest in it as a series. I'm not into the lead actress. Not sure if its the Mia character herself or how the actress is playing her, but I just don't like her as the lead. Beyond that I really would rather they leave space for a different DC show if possible.

Legends came back and was wonderfully crazy as usual.