DVDVR Message Board

DC TV - 2020

J.T.

Yeah, Legends was a nice season finale.  I'll miss Charlie but at least she finished things on her terms.  I would like to see them revisit her club once in awhile after they celebrate a mission well done.  And I prefer plain Jane Zari though it was a nice way to put a lid on that for now.  But holy crap did you ever think you'd see Sisqo doing his song in 2020?  Considering he is/was a local guy I loved seeing him in there.  And how can you go wrong with a show where one's attacking somebody with Shake Weights?  I lost my damn mind during that fight scene.  Man, I love this show.

As for Batwoman going off what Rippa said I find it to be pretty fucked up.  I don't know how I'll feel when the season starts but considering the character arc with at least Alice and to a degree her dad to potentially do away with that is complete bullshit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

But holy crap did you ever think you'd see Sisqo doing his song in 2020?  Considering he is/was a local guy I loved seeing him in there. 

I loved that moment. The first time he showed up I thought it would be funny if it was actually him only for that to happen later in the episode making it so awesome. Whats better, apparently he agreed pretty easily and actually showed up on set with outfit on already, looking like he hadn't aged a day since original.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I popped huge just seeing Sisqo's name in the opening credits, tbh. I never thought they'd top that incredible "Return of the Mack" fight scene, but holy shit the one in the finale was amazing. The shake weights had me dying.

• Like 2

That is disappointing to see, but there was no way they could keep him after that. Hopefully his apology and understanding of how dumbass his comments were is at least legit.

Also hope they just recast Ralph. No reason to completely disappear the character considering his powers.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

It's a disappointment, absolutely. I can't imagine they recast given what's going on with Batwoman. What they ought to do is bring in Eel O'Brien and keep Sue around. 

If you love one rubber man, you can love another. 

• Like 1

Stargirl is finding it's footing pretty quickly. Liked this week's episode, and I dug the swerve of Yolanda's shitbag family not forgiving her, because I hope it leads to her fighting to gain her own approval, versus seeking theirs. Never thought I'd see an episode of a Berlanti superhero show with zero action scenes, but I dug it.

• Like 1

Kate Kane is Batwoman and deserves better, ditto the fans of the character. Just recast for fuck's sake. There doesn't have to be an explanation. Case in point: James Rhodes/War Machine from Terence Howard to Don Cheadle and Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk, Edward Norton to Mark Ruffalo in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Edited by The Natural

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Kate Kane is Batwoman and deserves better, ditto the fans of the character. Just recast for fuck's sake. There doesn't have to be an explanation. Case in point: James Rhodes/War Machine from Terence Howard to Don Cheadle and Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk, Edward Norton to Mark Ruffalo in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Well, if social media is to be believed, the explanation is Kate Kane is dead.

Not a fan of that idea, but it sounds like the people who had to work with Ruby Rose might find it cathartic.  

20 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

Well, if social media is to be believed, the explanation is Kate Kane is dead.

Not a fan of that idea, but it sounds like the people who had to work with Ruby Rose might find it cathartic.  

So yeah they at least aren't killing her. It is interesting to note that most of the replies are pissed they aren't just recasting. 

• Thanks 1

They could very easily be recasting though. Having the character disappear for a while is great way to transition to them having a new face when they're eventually found.

I love that Stargirl is doing such a slow burn on everything. Really taking it's time to establish the story and characters, instead of beating you over the head with action every week.  Good job on making the villains seem really scary and not making you think they'll be pushovers.

A neat thing I noticed is that the hero characters, outside of Courtney, have pretty rotten families, whereas the villain characters(mostly) have pretty strong family lives at home. Just a unique twist that I dig.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 7:16 AM, RandomAct said:

I never thought I'd see the day when SPORTSMASTER was presented as a serious threat on a live action property.

The only version of Sportsmaster I'm familiar with is from Young Justice. Is he not a threat normally?

Anyways I dug this version and how he and Artemis full debuted last night. Thought the latest episode was quite nice overall. It was good to see Courtney starting to find some things to appreciate in Pat.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I'm starting on Stargirl (watching the 4th episode now) and while I dig all the hero and villain stuff, I really hope they dial it back with the high school mean girl bullshit. That stuff just makes me hit the fast forward button.