DVDVR Message Board

DC TV - 2020

J.T.

I'm really glad to see the Obsidian story finally leading to SOMETHING on Supergirl. Didn't expect it to end up being downright creepy. Loved the Alex stuff, and that was probably the best acting Chyler Leigh has ever done on this show.  This episode did a lot to make me like the William character more, probably because I don't think there is much chemistry with he and Kara, so having them removed from each other was good.

William does make for a good detective.  Really liked him tracking things down with Obsidian to go along with Alex's findings while in VR.  It also made for a nice cautionary tale about full-immersive VR.  I think when we get to that it'd be neat but strict time limits would need to be established.

Batwoman's two recent episodes were really, really good.  Last week was pretty fucked up but it really started a "babyface turn" for Alice [/wrestlingbubble]  But I really liked them teaming up and was even hoping that she'd be able to ride off into the sunset knowing that her family really does care about her.  So when locked her up considering all that she went through I really felt bad for her.  While it had to be done I hope she gets another shot at redemption.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Batwoman's two recent episodes were really, really good.  Last week was pretty fucked up but it really started a "babyface turn" for Alice [/wrestlingbubble]  But I really liked them teaming up and was even hoping that she'd be able to ride off into the sunset knowing that her family really does care about her.  So when locked her up considering all that she went through I really felt bad for her.  While it had to be done I hope she gets another shot at redemption.

The thing with Alice in the show is that there really isn't a good way to redeem her. She cares about her family and her relationship with them, but that is all. She sees people as playthings and has zero issues murdering them for fun. Alice in the comics truly had her mind broken and needed to be rebuilt. In the show her breakdown in more emotional with her basically deciding to give up on humanity and morality.

5 hours ago, RandomAct said:

This episode did a lot to make me like the William character more, probably because I don't think there is much chemistry with he and Kara, so having them removed from each other was good.

Glad I'm not alone in not feeling William/Kara. They can be friends, but I don't see any romantic chemistry between them at all. William's interesting aspects are much more in his investigative journalist side.

• Like 1

Now that I think about it, has Kara had good chemistry with anyone they have tried to pair her with? I find it funny that, much like Felicity, she had better chemistry with Barry Allen than the characters they have been officially linked to. Maybe Mon-El would have worked if he wasn't such a wet sock.

• Like 1

The best chemistry Kara has with anyone on the show is non-romantic in Alex and Lena. I kind of feel sorry for them since nothing working and its not from a lack of trying. It would be funny if turned out she had chemistry with someone else on another show.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 1:02 PM, Eivion said:

Tell me how it is, please.

We're just into episode 3 now. It's like the Agent Carter of DC shows, sometimes a little bit weird in a good way, just playful enough, a great lead, a unique atmosphere, and Thomas Wayne playing almost exactly the same character as Howard Stark. 

If you happen to have Epix this month, you should watch it.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 9:30 PM, Matt D said:

We're just into episode 3 now. It's like the Agent Carter of DC shows, sometimes a little bit weird in a good way, just playful enough, a great lead, a unique atmosphere, and Thomas Wayne playing almost exactly the same character as Howard Stark. 

If you happen to have Epix this month, you should watch it.

Looks like the episodes are free to watch till the 17/18th for me. I just caught the first episode and I'm definitely liking it so far.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 2:47 PM, RandomAct said:

Now that I think about it, has Kara had good chemistry with anyone they have tried to pair her with? I find it funny that, much like Felicity, she had better chemistry with Barry Allen than the characters they have been officially linked to. Maybe Mon-El would have worked if he wasn't such a wet sock.

Kara and Mon-El having no chemistry is funny considering Benoist and Wood are married.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

You'd think after all the crazy shit Barry Allen has gone through, he'd have figured out that this is a fake Iris he's dealing with.

The teaser for next week seems to be heading in that direction.

And speaking of Flash I sure do love seeing Sue Dearborn return.  She's quickly become one of my favorite characters of the DC shows.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Hate that COVID kinda wrecked this season, because I was really digging mostly everything.

Same. I think Batwoman was probably the worst of the shows running even that I still found enjoyable. How many episodes were left for each show anyways?  Did anything finish shooting before Covid-19 struck so hard?

On 4/24/2020 at 9:41 PM, Eivion said:

Same. I think Batwoman was probably the worst of the shows running even that I still found enjoyable. How many episodes were left for each show anyways?  Did anything finish shooting before Covid-19 struck so hard?

Supergirl was shooting the season finale when production was shut down.  Apparently, they re-edited the last finished episode (21?) to serve as the season finale.

Spoiler

According to Jon Cryer, the new season finale has Lex coming out on top instead of getting his ass handed to him again as was originally planned. 

I'm actually ok with that.

• Like 2

Been tough getting back into my routine on these shows after the COVID break. With that said, the last two episodes of Flash have been pretty good. I enjoy when the main villain is a bit more cerebral and forces the team to find other ways to win.

Am I reading too much into this, or did Batwoman suggest that Batman killed Joker???

• Like 1

I agree about Flash. I've been enjoying the season in general, but they hit a nice spot the last episode or two especially.

17 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Am I reading too much into this, or did Batwoman suggest that Batman killed Joker???

They all but flat out said it. Will be interesting to see if they stick with it. Kind of hope they don't as I prefer a Batman who hasn't killed, but I also have no desire to see Joker pop up in the Arrowverse.

6 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Maybe they are using that to explain why Bruce left? If they are trying to tell the story that Batman crossing that line made him quit forever, then it kinda works I guess.

That is what I would guess, but with way they used it they also implied that it didn't necessarily stop Bruce from donning the cowl.

Does make me wonder when they are going to try and move forward and where and why Bruce disappeared. I assume he will either be dead or aged up again for another Conroy appearance. Actually with them being post-Crisis now I'm curious if Clark and this Bruce have ever really met in the new timeline. 

I'm mostly curious since I recall they were friends on Supergirl's Earth. Its one of the reasons Kara was able to figure out who Kate was so quickly. She had already met Bruce on her world.

On 5/2/2020 at 3:33 AM, RandomAct said:

Been tough getting back into my routine on these shows after the COVID break. With that said, the last two episodes of Flash have been pretty good. I enjoy when the main villain is a bit more cerebral and forces the team to find other ways to win.

I really like how they went about having Mirror Master as a big bad rather than a bad guy of the week.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I really like how they went about having Mirror Master as a big bad rather than a bad guy of the week.

Me too. Added a much bigger psychological element to the proceedings.