DVDVR Message Board

2013 WORLD SERIES - GUARDIANS vs OUR LAST BEST HOPE

Dolfan in NYC

I am trying very hard not to be a laughing hyena douche about the results of game one but HA!

Nice of the Cards to give us free looks at Mainess and Martinez (ED note: not impressed so far) in a meaningless game.

It occurs to me that the AL is exponentially better than the NL, and it is up to the TRUE GUARDIANS OF WALL BANGING BASEBALL PLAYED THE RIGHT WAY the Red Sox to step back in and defend it. We can't depend on losers like the Tigers and Rangers to defend the vanguard of AMERICAN LEAGUE BRAND BASEBALL.

Seriously, the Sox have 4 players not ON THEIR ACTIVE ROSTER (Bradley, Lavarnway, Snyder, Holt) who would be the best bench bat in AL parks for the Cards.

Wacha and all the A+ young bullpen arms are the big edge the Cards have, and I think it's a castle made a graham crackers.

The Sox's World Series was surviving that Tigers' rotation. I was scared heading in, but facing Kelly and Lynn, and having a good shot at bringing Wacha back to earth, makes me feel good about their chances. We start guys decent enough to win in the AL. We will carve up Lesser Circuit lineups.

OK, I'm still ready for everything to go wrong.

The fanbase of The Guardians were all outraged when reading this:

Posted Image

It's all we've been able to talk about:

Posted Image

Rest assured we will be contacting the Office of the Commissioner:

Posted Image

There's a reason this team was excluded for a century.  We offered them a chance to join with the forces of Righteousness in 2004.  Hell, we took their hand and led them into the fold.  And this is how they behave?

It's time to excommunicate.  This time there will be no redemption.

INITIATE PROCESS: "FENWAY SPLIT"

PROTOCOL: "WACHA"

OUTCOME: MORALE DEGRADATION/HUMILIATION-BY-ROOKIE

• Like 1

The fanbase of The Guardians were all outraged when reading this:

Posted Image

It's all we've been able to talk about:

Posted Image

Rest assured we will be contacting the Office of the Commissioner:

Posted Image

There's a reason this team was excluded for a century.  We offered them a chance to join with the forces of Righteousness in 2004.  Hell, we took their hand and led them into the fold.  And this is how they behave?

It's time to excommunicate.  This time there will be no redemption.

INITIATE PROCESS: "FENWAY SPLIT"

PROTOCOL: "WACHA"

OUTCOME: MORALE DEGRADATION/HUMILIATION-BY-ROOKIE

Possibly, but once the curse ended, the ghosts that haunt the place have returned, and what ghosts they are! Tris Speaker, Ernie Shore, Joe Wood, Dutch Leonard, from the last group of Red Sox champions. Fenway park has been improved on, but they still play ball on the same place as 100 years ago. St Louis has a great tradition sure, but they played at Sportsman's Park! Too bad you don't have the powerful baseball ghost to summon when you need them. . . . .