DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NFL PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

The best thing about KC winning is that the team with the longest SB drought is now... the Jets. 

I think the Jets were the longest anyway. The Jets last appeared in Super Bowl III. The Chiefs' previous appearance was Super Bowl IV.

Of course, the Chiefs going to this year's Super Bowl now means that the second-longest Super Bowl drought belongs to. . .Minnesota, who last appeared in Super Bowl XI.

They never look prepared. Have you seen a single Packers game this year? This is what they always look like. They just fall ass-backwards into wins somehow.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

It is funny how everyone making a big deal on Tanneyhill throwing for under 100 yards for 2 straight games.  Here is Jimmy G throwing 6 passes so far and happy as fuck.  Hell he might not throw again in this game

he better not throw it again.

Mostert's YPC is way higher than Jimmy's YPA at this point.  Toss Sweep Right is the deep threat play

and Chronic Interceptionitis is just about Green Bay's only path back into this game

Edited by BobbyWhioux

My father always yells at the Packers for not running more sweep plays and babbles about how it worked under Lombardi. We don't have the personnel and it's not the 1960s. They'd get snuffed out without a lot of guys who can pull and block.

2 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I think the Jets were the longest anyway. The Jets last appeared in Super Bowl III. The Chiefs' previous appearance was Super Bowl IV.

Of course, the Chiefs going to this year's Super Bowl now means that the second-longest Super Bowl drought belongs to. . .Minnesota, who last appeared in Super Bowl XI.

well, except for the drought of the Lions and Browns, anyway

of course, if you ignore mere appearances and measure only by championship wins the Chicago/St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona/London/Olympus Mons For All It Matters Cardinals have not been NFL champions since 1947, ten years longer than even the Lions

there is always someone to kick down at.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I still say "we" sorry about that too.. 

Never apologize for this. Douche bags who get onto fans for saying "we" probably had a dad who would say "you know it's all fake, right?" every time wrestling was on.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It might sound stupid but I used to be protective of our 5-0 Super Bowl record. I don't know why.  It just sounded good.  Now that we're 5-1 I don't care,  I just want #6 sometime soon.  

I still say "we" sorry about that too.. 

What Jae said. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

By the way, I think this is the most excited I've been to see a super bowl in awhile.

I'm fascinated by it.   Apparently the Chiefs open as  -1.5 but there's many ways it could go.  Spags was throwing goal line defense at the Titans and basically said "throw it Tannehill, go ahead"  ...   I don't think Kyle will run into stacked boxes as much, he'll mix it up and it'll be up to Jimmy to attack the middle which is really where he likes to throw too.  

But then on the other side,  you'd think the niners could get more pressure on Mahomes than the Titans did but they also struggle in containing mobile QB's and outside of Sherman their corners can be beat and the Chiefs have a ton of receivers.  

• Like 1

We have one receiver and a bunch of guys who have legal birth names, this may have been our biggest issue.

Edited by Ryan
  • Haha 1