DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NFL PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

Does the D train make a stop in KC on the way to the Big Game?   We'll see.

Sunday, 1/19

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

3:05pm  Tennessee @ Kansas City (-7 ½, o/u 52) 

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

6:40pm  Green Bay @ San Francisco (-7 ½, o/u 45) 

---

much like the WWE lucking into The Undertaker's streak, the Super Bowl 1 rematch is just a funny unintended consequence of their setting up The State Farm Spokesman Bowl between Rodgers and Mahomes.

meanwhile the curse of nostalgia has almost run its course.  All things 80s have already been recycled, bar one:

it is time for the 49ers to start winning super bowl(s) again.

Only then will the seal finally be broken, freeing us from this embarrassing flight of romanticism.

let the 80s finally rest in peace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Fuck tradition. Go Titans

I swear the last time I rooted for the Titans was the time they went to the Super Bowl, and that's only because Steve McNair was a home state guy and having current/eventual Alcorn State alum in my immediate family. I don't want my heart to be broken on the one yard line again. 

15 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I swear the last time I rooted for the Titans was the time they went to the Super Bowl, and that's only because Steve McNair was a home state guy and having current/eventual Alcorn State alum in my immediate family. I don't want my heart to be broken on the one yard line again. 

Honestly, I don't care as long as it's not Green Bay, just wanted to throw the nWo catchphrase and rep the team everyone else was ignoring.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Honestly, I don't care as long as it's not Green Bay

Walked into my office today with a friend of mine who is a big Packers fan.  We had a great chat then rode up the elevator together.  The doors open and he was walking out and I said "I hope you're disappointed on Sunday".  He laughed.  But, seriously, ANYBODY BUT GREEN BAY.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

It is strange but based on the "hot takes" you would think Packers are bigger underdog today than the Titans.  I mean apparently that 13-3 was complete smoke and mirrors.  I don't think that 37-8 game is as much of a factor as people think

I'm not discounting Green Bay's chances to win today, because they've looked better lately, but, on a whole, that was quite possibly the quietest, least impressive 13 win season I've ever seen.

And, hey, San Fran absolutely kicked their asses in that game, while Tennessee got one of those weird "the stats make no sense" wins over KC.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:08 PM, BobbyWhioux said:

meanwhile the curse of nostalgia has almost run its course.  All things 80s have already been recycled, bar one:

it is time for the 49ers to start winning super bowl(s) again.

Only then will the seal finally be broken, freeing us from this embarrassing flight of romanticism.

let the 80s finally rest in peace.

No, fuck them forever. If only Stanley Wilson hadn't gone on a fucking coke binge the night before the game the Bengals win Super Bowl XXIII and my childhood isn't completely destroyed.

God I miss balanced, physical offense.

I'm not one of the people who screams about it not being manly or that Eggheads are ruining sports, etc etc... But good smash mouth football will always be my favorite to watch. Now I really am rooting for Tennessee

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 2

Not only was that a FAT MAN TD.  It was the FATTEST MAN TD in playoff history

The Chefs are starting to find their stroke offensively with two rather easy drives.  But it won't matter if the titans have 8 minute drives for points

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

God I miss balanced, physical offense.

I'm not one of the people who screams about it not being manly or that Eggheads are ruining sports, etc etc... But good smash mouth football will always be my favorite to watch.

I've had my fill of Drew Brees Video Game Bullshit and I'm embracing the league embracing the ghost of Chuck Knox as the only countermeasure against it

speeds up the broadcast time too

9 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

I've had my fill of Drew Brees Video Game Bullshit and I'm embracing the league embracing the ghost of Chuck Knox as the only countermeasure against it

speeds up the broadcast time too

Uh ... Patrick Mahomes says hold my controller...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Titans did everything right on offense.  Everything.  They trail 21-17.   I haven't seen an offense clicking like this since probably the '99 Rams.  I don't know what they can do.  They have to keep playing their game and hold on for dear life,  probably need a crazy turnover though too. 

• Like 1

Seriously, that was such a travesty (the Trubisky ordeal).

It'll be interesting to see what KC does in the offseason to make their cap situation work. Watkins I could see being moved on and then you have Hill, Robinson, and Hardman. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Sad 1