DVDVR Message Board

The Tessa Dumpster Fire Thread

Kang

On 1/23/2020 at 4:02 AM, AxB said:

Well, YouTube views are collated Worldwide, whilst TV ratings are collated nationally, so even if the NWA show seems to be rating higher, it probably isn't actually being watched by more people. Impact has TV deals in many countries, and puts highlights on YouTube, and has the whole twitch/ subscription service as well. I'd say more people would know Sienna from Impact than would know Allysin Kay from NWA.

I couldn't tell you how to watch current Impact with a gun to my head. NWA for me might be the easiest promotion in the world to follow. Tessa I only know from NXT, and if you were to ask me to name any other female from Impact I'd draw a blank...even for the men I know of only 2 of the top of my head. 

She said she didn't say the n-word.  She shouldn't apologize if she didn't do it.  The rest is whatever.  Locker room shit should be settled internally not publicly.

And just so some people can expand their sample size past one.

TELEVISION PARTNERS/COUNTRIES

IMPACT 12/67

NWA 0/0

YOUTUBE SUBSCRIBERS

IMPACT 3.08M

NWA 183K

TWITTER FOLLOWERS

IMPACT 547.7K

Tessa Blanchard 153.4K

Allysin Kay 85.8K

NWA 71.1K

6 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

There is currently a conference call happening between Impact and the AXS HR team regarding Tessa.  Curious what comes from it. 

There was a set list of what she would discuss, though. The title, Sami, being a trendsetter...that's about it.

Tessa said she chose to step away from social media for a little while because of what was going on. She added that she knows everyone isn't going to like her. Tessa did admit to facing challenges and making mistakes in the past.

"I've never used a racial slur of any kind", she added. "It's just not in my heart, it's not something that I've done. It's not something that I will do. It's just not true."

"Some people, they look at social media and someone will make an accusation, someone will say something, and then everyone hops on the bandwagon. We've all got our own stories. There's a side of everyone's life that's public and there's a part that's private. There's a part that's for all the world to see and can be judged by anyone that's actually interested in it, and it's very unfortunate that some people resort to saying certain things, but it's just not true."

She continued, "To see your coworkers and to see your peers say things about you, some things that are just not true about you, it did hit me very hard, but I'm the kind of person who has extreme mental strength."

Tessa also explained that she used the recent controversy to push herself to be her best version that weekend, so she could be a role model to young girls and other young wrestlers.

"Not everyone is gonna like you. I'm going to build my own legacy based on my work ethic, not by trying to win some popularity contest," she said"

• Like 1

That's all well and good, but with multiple people confirming what she did her statement just doesn't hold water for me.  FFS at least admit that she made mistakes that she's not proud of or something along those lines.

• Like 1

I love the logic of well she couldn't have possible done what they claim because the NWA has no ratings (because it is a youtube show dummies)  and Allsyin Kay has fewer twitter followers. 

so if the women who most people believe was the person called the N word has more twitter followers than Tessa than she is guilty.  

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

On 2/7/2020 at 12:16 AM, DreamBroken said:

"I've never used a racial slur of any kind", she added. "It's just not in my heart, it's not something that I've done. It's not something that I will do. It's just not true."

Any time I hear someone claim they aren't racist based on their heart, I don't believe them.  It is just them saying, "ignore what you see, hear, smell, feel, or even taste...because even if all of those things are super racist, my heart is not."  Like all observations of their racism are irrelevant based on something that is only observable to them.

• Like 3

I fucking hate when people say shit like "I don't say racist things because it's not in my heart." That's like 100% guaranteed that person has said some racist shit. It's like a kid saying that they swear they didn't do something, like them swearing is going to make a difference.

There's a chance she didn't say anything she's being accused of, but I feel like all we're missing from racist bingo on Tessa's end is her saying there's no evidence of her saying those things beyond what others are saying.

18 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Any time I hear someone claim they aren't racist based on their heart, I don't believe them.  It is just them saying, "ignore what you see, hear, smell, feel, or even taste...because even if all of those things are super racist, my heart is not."  Like all observations of their racism are irrelevant based on something that is only observable to them.

I was typing my post out and got sidetracked, finished it and posted it, and you had already said the same thing ?

She hasn't used the Shane Vendrell explanation yet. The "My use of racist language wasn't coming from a place of racism, I just wanted to fight them and was trying to provoke them into throwing the first punch" explanation. Which, you can see that they might think there's a logic to that, but it's just bullshit. Pretty racist to assume that every member of a minority group has so little self control.

• Haha 1

Her response to this should have been incredibly simple...You say that in the past you made comments to a peer that you're ashamed of because you be fucking ashamed of it and you're sorry for hurting others with your comments and behavior. You knew what you said wasn't ok, came from a place of hate, and you were weak enough to say it because you were trying to bully and intimidate someone else. In the time since then, you aren't that person anymore and you've grown and changed. You don't expect people to accept your apology and move on, but you will continue trying to set a good example for your peers to hopefully one day regain their trust.

This isn't something hard to say, but Tessa and countless others can't fucking do it because they're so afraid of being vulnerable or looking like they got caught or looking like they're fallible. Instead, in Tessa's case, she just keeps digging the hole deeper.

Fucking DUMB.

• Thanks 2