DVDVR Message Board

The Tessa Dumpster Fire Thread

Kang

24 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

and what are you actually insinuating with this post? 

I was wondering if you knew her, being as you're the guy who knows the people.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

I was wondering if you knew her, being as you're the guy who knows the people.

I don't know her at all. I've been going to shows on the East coast since about 2002.  I've met  a ton of great workers and a ton of people who nobodies heard of but should be known as great workers.  Guys like Jimmy Demarco (ask  Rob Naylor about him) and Jimmy Vegas who should have been big names.  Or guys like the Mane Event who are starting to get noticed. they will be on Sam Adonis's February show and recently had a tryout at the performance center.  I'm not sure how often shows run near you in England, but here we could essentially go to a show or 2 each weekend. Obviously the quality will range but the shows are there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

No one is entitled to touch women wrestlers in photo ops. 

I was about to say that if I ever got a photo with a female Wrestler, I'd be sure to make sure the only contact I made would be a handshake. But then I read this:

Some funny replies on that one, if you click it.

• Like 1

PBN, we all know you're the guy buying used women's ring gear to wear to shows yourself. What, people don't do that? Damn, what a niche that would be.

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

PBN, we all know you're the guy buying used women's ring gear to wear to shows yourself. What, people don't do that? Damn, what a niche that would be.

Never spent a penny on used gear.  I do however have Masks given to me by Ultimo Dragon, Caristico, and Rey Buccanero.  Try harder next time Ryan

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I didn't watch but I read that one of the commentators tonight said "Tessa has ignored the noise"   

So it's probably good that I haven't watched IMPACT in forever right? 

Their weekly show is pretty solid. I think it's worth watching. I didn't see the ppv either, but I'm guessing it was Josh Matthews that said it. It just seems like he would. They weren't going to change plans so close to the show, so the best next best thing would have been not to acknowledge it at all. 

• Like 1

I get it. They spent half a year building to this, and presumably have the next several months mapped out.

But I also would've totally gotten a complete change in plans where she lost clean in under ten minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I get it. They spent half a year building to this, and presumably have the next several months mapped out.

But I also would've totally gotten a complete change in plans where she lost clean in under ten minutes.

This seemed like a "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" situation.

If Tessa wins tonight...they reward one shitty person.

If Sami wins tonight, and thus beat Tessa three straight times and dispatched her? There's no coming back for the Knockouts division ever being seen as equal to the men. You really can't do that angle  of a woman getting to the World Title picture in Impact for years...and you possibly can never do it again. It'd be saying "the women can't compete with the men", and they probably never will. It's pretty much done for.

I know Sami has always spat on people during his matches but the spots where he did it to Tessa made me wonder if it was because of the recent events.  Also the match wasn't bad but damn did Sami telegraph everything with the "thumbs up thumbs down" garbage.  3 times at least he did the thumbs down only to be countered. It was overkill.    Wasn't a bad show, have to wonder how long she keeps the tile for though. 

I haven't watched IMPACT in a minute, I keep up with it through this thread an a weekly podcast a listen to that covers it if something big happens. So I do have any emotional investment in it but I think the Tessa incident put them in a bad situation because the reaction to her win was flat. They were in her home state so imagine the reaction outside of Texas. I dont think fans are just going to look past it so quickly but we will see.

On 1/12/2020 at 12:49 AM, odessasteps said:

Someone RT a post Daga made today supporting her (basically accusing them of being jealous of Tessa).

Modern response to criticism: ignore the accusation, attack the accuser, bonus points if you portray them as a jealous "hater."  Yay.

19 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

basically my point is, she will do far worse for money than pose with a fan for a pic.

This actually made me think of a pretty valid point. Who do you think gets creepier requests the male wrestlers or the female?  I've seen plenty of crazy female fans that have practically bowled over wrestlers to get pics. I'd think most male fans would be respectful at least at shows.   None of the female wrestlers I know have ever told me of any creepy requests from a male fan, but I've heard crazy things from some of the guy workers.  It may be we don't hear more of the stories because the guys have no need to post them. 

Better question, is anyone ordering the ppv?

Dude, there is a guy with Becky Lynch tattoos.  Male fans are much worse.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, elizium said:

I, for one, am damn tired of going to all these wrestling shows and having to deal with literal hordes of women storming the ring to get at the men.

A valid frustration if the Von Erich craze were still running through the Sportatorium.

Tessa's speech off the air about winning was pretty predictable.  Ever notice in wrestling that when most people use the "we all make mistakes" line that they don't usually admit the actual mistakes.  

Also saying '"I have one of the strongest minds that I've ever known."  doesn't saying much about her friends

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Tessa's speech off the air about winning was pretty predictable.  Ever notice in wrestling that when most people use the "we all make mistakes" line that they don't usually admit the actual mistakes.  

I personally really enjoy it when people get defensive and say, "I'm not perfect!"  Like anyone really expects that.  These poor souls are just wilting under the expectations of people who want them to be paragons of virtue.

There's a scale between "perfect" and "garbage human being."  All anyone asks is that your spot on that scale is in the middle or closer to the former.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I personally really enjoy it when people get defensive and say, "I'm not perfect!"  Like anyone really expects that.  These poor souls are just wilting under the expectations of people who want them to be paragons of virtue.

There's a scale between "perfect" and "garbage human being."  All anyone asks is that your spot on that scale is in the middle or closer to the latter.

Dude, the "I'm not perfect" and "We all make mistakes" people are right up there with the "Only God can judge me" people as far as red flags go.  We need a Mendoza line for mistakes, because spitting and racial slurs are intentional acts that don't really have a practical application other than to be a horrible person.  For the record, I'm of the opinion that if you spit on someone or call them a racial slur, that person should legally be allowed to kill you.  

• Like 2

Do you think the Only God Can Judge Me guys realise the tattooist is ribbing them when he does it in that Gothic script font? Because they always make the J look as much like an F as possible.

Nobody ever got an Only A Jury Of My Peers Can Judge Me tattoo, did they? Someone should. It would really annoy everyone who thinks it's OK to be a violent criminal as long as you pretend to be religious with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Dude, the "I'm not perfect" and "We all make mistakes" people are right up there with the "Only God can judge me" people as far as red flags go. ...

I saw a lady with an infant in a "Only God Can Judge Me" onesie.

I just wanted to share that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I know Sami has always spat on people during his matches but the spots where he did it to Tessa made me wonder if it was because of the recent events. Also the match wasn't bad but damn did Sami telegraph everything with the "thumbs up thumbs down" garbage.  3 times at least he did the thumbs down only to be countered. It was overkill.    Wasn't a bad show, have to wonder how long she keeps the tile for though. 

You got to take a wrestling break at some point. 18 years of being obsessed has warped your views and caused you to read in to things way too much. Please don’t take this as some sort of attack. 

5 minutes ago, Morganti said:

The only time only good can judge me was a good thing was when it was a 2pac song.

It was problematic then too...if you wrote a novel and the plot was just a retelling of 2pac's life it wouldn't make any damn sense.