List Of Countries With Surviving Pre-1970 Pro-Wrestling Footage

legace

While I realise this isn't actually a 1980s project, I wasn't really sure where else I should post it and after a fellow board member suggested I put it here, since the folk who are most likely to be interested in it would visit this section of the forum anyway, I've gone ahead and done just that.

As the title of this topic suggests, I'm attempting to make a list of all the countries that have surviving professional wrestling footage from before the year 1970. I'll be using this post for it so it's easier for those interested to locate it. I'll also leave a reply at the bottom of the topic to notify members of any recent updates to it. Here's what I've come up with so far:

A

- Argentina
- Australia
- Austria

B

- Belgium
- Bolivia
- Brazil
- Bulgaria

C

- Canada
- Colombia
- Czechoslovakia

D

- Denmark

F

- Finland
- France

G

- Germany
- Greece

I

- Italy

J

- Japan

M

- Mexico

N

- New Zealand

R

- Republic Of Ireland
- Rhodesia

S

- South Africa
- Spain
- Switzerland

U

- United Kingdom
- United States Of America

If anyone knows of any countries I'm missing from the list then please let me know!

Edited by legace

• legace changed the title to List Of Countries With Surviving Pre-1970 Pro-Wrestling Footage

UPDATE - I've removed Ireland from the "I" section of the list in the first post, renamed it the Republic Of Ireland and placed it in the "R" section so as not to confuse it with Northern Ireland.

Edited by legace

UPDATE - I've removed Russia from the list in the first post. The surviving Russian footage I've come across is actually of shoot-wrestling not worked pro-wrestling so it doesn't really fit the criteria of this topic.