DVDVR Message Board

2020 Wrestling podcasts thread

Rev Ray

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Martha Hart on Jerichos pod today. 

Well, shit.  I'll have to check that out.

And Excalibur was on AEW's Unrestricted podcast.  He said he got a lot of the move names from Fire Pro Wrestling 6 Man Scramble and also put up a translation guide on Gamefaqs.  So I present to you Excalibur AKA The Mysterious Kagura.  https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/saturn/574126-fire-prowrestling-s-6men-scramble/faqs/5232

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Slim chance but I thought I'd ask just in case... Does anybody know what episode of Cornette's podcast from early on in the show's run in which Jim details in hilarious details Bill Dundee bailing on a motorcycle on the way to the ring in Memphis? I remember laughing so damned hard at that story and it came up in conversation with friends and none of them had seen it. Did MLW get rid of the old Cornette shows?! Nothing on their website. Oldest episode I can find is 136 elsewhere and I reckon that was when he left MLW? Can't find it on YouTube either.

Edit: Has he maybe gone back and covered it again since switching networks? It's one of the better stories I've heard him tell, so I hope there's some version of it available.

He told that story on an episode of Steve Austin’s podcast. It’s something along the lines of it’s a big 10 man match Lawler comes out on a horse and carriage cuz of course, Jackie Fargo and the Fantastics are in a Cadillac convertible and Dundee comes out on a motorcycle gets blinded by the spotlight crashes all while the song Wipe Out is playing over the PA System. 

• Thanks 1

Dear God, there is a conspiracy! I scanned through the first episode of Cornette on Austin's show and couldn't find it. That leaves us with it being on the second episode... Which apparently doesn't play on any site. ? thank you for the pointer... I just hope it's some weird temporary server issue and not actually lost to the sands of time. 

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I would not have expected to hear Martha Hart praising Owen’s matches with Hiroshi Hase and Mukhan Singh. 

Well the Stampede faces vs Karachi Vice was pretty big angle for the promotion...I could see how she would have vivid memories of the Singh feud.

On a certain level, I was not expecting to hear her praise anything about wrestling. But it seems (justifiably) her enmity lies mostly with Vince and the Harts that didnt side with her in the lawsuits. She generally seemed to have positive memories of the Stampede and New Japan eras of Owen's life. 

• Like 2

On 5/16/2020 at 2:16 AM, Oyaji said:

Dear God, there is a conspiracy! I scanned through the first episode of Cornette on Austin's show and couldn't find it. That leaves us with it being on the second episode... Which apparently doesn't play on any site. ? thank you for the pointer... I just hope it's some weird temporary server issue and not actually lost to the sands of time. 

Any luck? Pretty shitty if Podcast One dont have the full archive available.

Edited by bazzil

So we decided to bring Masks Mats and Mayhem back, and then Lucha Central's new podcast network snatched us up immediately - so I think you might have to sub through them unless you're a weirdo that watches us on youtube instead, you weirdos.

We don't do the show live anymore but still post a video version.

You can either subscribe to their feed or us individually.  Spotify has both feeds already, but while you're there or wherever you sub to podcasts, throw Another Miserable Podcast on there as well - it's my horror podcast and I stand by the quality provided within.

• Like 1

Britt Baker on the latest AEW podcast.  Okay episode but she did mention that she hopes Adam Cole will be wrestling with the Bucks and all his other friends eventually.  Just a casual mention, not like a cryptic hint or anything.  Not to be The Shadow or anything, but it sounds a lot like are that odds are against Cole sticking with WWE when the time comes.

On the latest MMMShow, we got a guest we've been wanting for years - Skip Chaisson, who isn't just a Lucha Underground EP, but an El Rey exec AND the guy who directed all the vignettes everyone loved so much.

Really cool behind the scenes stuff.  It's in multiple parts.  We are going to get 2-3 weeks out of content with him AND Eric Van Wagenen returning to the podcast as well.

I'll edit this post to include the video version when it's up.

• Like 3

They reviewed last year’s Double or Nothing on the new 83 Weeks. Bischoff mixes up Alex Marvez with Bryan Alvarez and calls him a jock sniffer like a dozen times, much to Conrad’s confusion and horror. Someone clued him in because he apologized on Twitter.

24 minutes ago, (BP) said:

They reviewed last year’s Double or Nothing on the new 83 Weeks. Bischoff mixes up Alex Marvez with Bryan Alvarez and calls him a jock sniffer like a dozen times, much to Conrad’s confusion and horror. Someone clued him in because he apologized on Twitter.

I was wondering what that was about. I don't know much about Marvez but calling him a Meltzer wannabe seemed like a weird dig. He did suck as a commentator though.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I think he had one either he was the Bengals beat writer or Dolphins beat writer. Thinking mid to late 90s

Both. Broncos as well.

Edited by PetrolCB

Youtube version of the show is currently premiering.  You can go back to the beginning or if you see this way after I post it, it'll just play normally.

Everyone wants to see our handsome faces so fuck an audio version.  Come see my dope Sabu hat.

Edited by Tromatagon