DVDVR Message Board

2020 Wrestling podcasts thread

Rev Ray

1 hour ago, bobholly138 said:

https://kingofwrestling.podbean.com/

I got added as the co host for the Friday episodes. Where we cover local indies and other indies and news.

Then the Tuesday episodes are an interview with some indie star. This week is Gary Jay.

Gary Jay? Definitely giving that a listen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

He was tweeting about it  over the weekend. I think Bix said something like Brian produced a podcast equivalent of the Red Scare. And then Brian went on the offensive. 

I think he was saying that Cornette's podcasts are the wrestling equivalent of Red Scare, a somewhat controversial podcast in the world of Twitter-addicted media types.

On 9/8/2020 at 6:45 PM, Death From Above said:

I'm actually laughing at the idea of Eddie Kingston teaching people how to fit into the WWE Universe.

I wouldn't have been mad if Kingston decided to sign with WWE and get that money but there is no reason he shouldn't be on a major wrestling tv show every week. It seems like WWE makes weird choices by signing some guys only as trainers. Kingston is in his late 30s, thats still very young for someone who has never worked the normal WWE schedule. I'm sure there's guys 5 or more years younger that have less mileage on them. AJ Styles is in his early 40s but he's only had the last 4 years up until Covid of the hard WWE schedule so I think that's why he's still really good at this point. I hope he really gets a fair shot in AEW, because he is still very good. I havent been watching but from what I hear, he's one of the best things they have.

On 9/23/2020 at 8:52 PM, Death From Above said:

Yeah I am pretty sure Kingston is around the age they signed young up and comer AJ Styles. Still makes me laugh that Randy Orton is a year younger than AJ every time I think about that.

Eh, I see the point but Orton is about 3 years younger than AJ is now.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone do the patreon for the Conrad podcatss (adfreeshows.com)? I'm curious if I were to sign up for it for a month or two, would I be able to save the shows on my hard drive as mp3 files so I can burn them to disc?

On 10/10/2020 at 8:19 PM, BrianS81177 said:

Does anyone do the patreon for the Conrad podcatss (adfreeshows.com)? I'm curious if I were to sign up for it for a month or two, would I be able to save the shows on my hard drive as mp3 files so I can burn them to disc?

I have the exact same question. I am going on a long road trip next week and was looking into becoming a patron for Ron Fuller’s Studcast and Between the Sheets. Are these Patreon shows stream-only or can I download them?  I don’t know what type of phone reception I’m going to have. 

17 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

I was pretty aggravated during the Miz episode of Grilling JR when Conrad transitioned from talking about Matt Cappotelli’s death into a fucking Blue Chew commercial. 

Jesus, really? 

I find Conrad's whole enterprise to be carny and distasteful and haven't listened to any of his podcasts in a long time. 

• Like 1

The recent New Day podcast with Hornswoggle is definitely a great listen.  Biggest reveal was the original plan for the Anonymous Raw GM was going to be Hornswoggle as "Big Nick from Joisey" doing a Jersey accent revealing that his whole Hornswoggle gimmick was just a ruse to make money.  The idea was scrapped because at rehearsals, Hornswoggle couldn't do a Jersey accent, so they ditched the whole idea.

8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Jesus, really? 

I find Conrad's whole enterprise to be carny and distasteful and haven't listened to any of his podcasts in a long time. 

He actually replied when I called him out for it on Twitter

https://twitter.com/huntingforjoy/status/1316520241216786434?s=21

Edited by WholeFnMachine
  • Like 1

Dammit, I was supposed to guest on the Rock & Wrestling Connection podcast tonight (following in the footsteps of previous yakkers Bill Alfonso, Effy and Techno Destructo - a high bar indeed) but the studio was booked. Maybe next week. RAF is in demand, baby! It's a good podcast, check it out before I lower the standards.

- no autographs, please,

RAF

• Like 2