DVDVR Message Board

2020 Wrestling podcasts thread

Rev Ray

It's so batshit insane that it's hard to tell whether he believes some of that or not. I would hope not and this is his way of just fucking with us.

But then that gets balanced out with having Nyla Rose on and it was just a wonderful conversation. That and him saying that he cut out a comment on transgender people from the Trump Jr episode shows to me that he kind of knows what he's doing. 

10 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I've only listened to the Moxley episode and half of the one with Cody, but I have to say AEW's podcast is pretty good.

Yeah, I like it quite a bit.  It's nice to hear them just shoot the shit about stuff like Star Trek and Potter not go into "discussed too many times" territory on these two episodes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Three WTI podcasts in a week. Eight days ago, David Starr Q&A (I asked a bunch) and a lot of Super Tuesday stuff. Four days ago, Cara Noir interview. Yesterday, Suge got the Walmart Dudes.

The latest New Day podcast might be better watching the You tube clip as they eat one of those insane hot chips in order to save or eliminate Breaking Bad from their TV bracket.  the visual of Kofi and Xavier just losing it while Big E just looking at them like they are complete idiots was great.

The other highlight is I think Woods saying the Larry David and Sami Zayn are the same people 

On 2/19/2020 at 11:56 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

Oh, I definitely remember.  I still think the world of Jericho but I've been debating on unsubscribing since he professed that belief some time ago.  Today's episode was the proverbial nail in the coffin.

You realize that it was basically his best friend in the whole world committing an unspeakable act and that this is his way of coping with and trying to make sense of it right? Is it strange? Yes, but I'd suggest that dragging a guy for trying to come up with an explanation for something that devastated him so hard that he struggled to come to terms with it is lacking in empathy.

52 minutes ago, sabremike said:

You realize that it was basically his best friend in the whole world committing an unspeakable act and that this is his way of coping with and trying to make sense of it right? Is it strange? Yes, but I'd suggest that dragging a guy for trying to come up with an explanation for something that devastated him so hard that he struggled to come to terms with it is lacking in empathy.

Fair point. But that was my line of thinking at the time and while I'm not saying I did a 180 since then there's been times where I softened my stance. I'm not him so no I don't fully understand. But does that make me a non-empathetic asshole? I sure as hell hope not. If so then sorry but it is what it is. 

But it's not like that was the only reason why I considered stopping. Throughout time I've had periods where I would consider for reasons from insane guests to stretches where the episodes weren't of interest. But that COVID-19 episode was it for me. Still will peek at the episodes sometimes for anything of interest. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

On 2/22/2020 at 10:44 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

It's so batshit insane that it's hard to tell whether he believes some of that or not. I would hope not and this is his way of just fucking with us.

But then that gets balanced out with having Nyla Rose on and it was just a wonderful conversation. That and him saying that he cut out a comment on transgender people from the Trump Jr episode shows to me that he kind of knows what he's doing. 

I finally heard the Trump Junior episode. Really hated how Jericho started off the show talking about how he went to journalism school, and then proceeded to let Junior cut a promo for the next hour and didn't even attempt to provide the other side of the story.

You only need to watch the first 15 seconds, but the rest is great too.

On 3/30/2020 at 7:05 AM, odessasteps said:

Some very weird conversations on the New Day pod today.

Holy shit you're not kidding.  The conversation about milk alone is something else but I'm thoroughly entertained by the absurdity of it all.

If you're curious about how JR is doing with quarantine, this week's episode of his podcast shows that he is not taking it well. He's even angrier than usual and just keeps going off on tangents about the virus and social distancing. Conrad tries to steer him but it's near impossible at moments. 

I swear, JR is having imaginary arguments in his head (or reliving ones from years ago) about people wanting pushed, and then getting PISSED at the cake argument and going off. It's kinda entertaining in it's own way, but that man clearly is not built for living alone in quarantine.

• Like 1