DVDVR Message Board

2020 Wrestling podcasts thread

Rev Ray

Faye Jackson on owning your sexuality as a plus-size black woman in Wrestling, and quite a lot of other things. 150 minutes. At time, fall out of the chair hilarious.

Tempted as I am to cross post this into the main wrestling thread I just want to say here that everybody needs to check out the Jericho pod with Chavo, Vickie and Shaul Guerrero. Lots of great stories about Eddie but when they talk about his last few days it gets really heavy. I had to pause because it just did me in. But I can't recommend this enough. 

And first chance I get I fire up the tribute episode along with the Hurt video. It's weird in that I almost forget just how much Eddie's death affected me. But you get that reminder and next thing you know you end up down a depressing rabbit hole. 

Fucking hell do I miss Eddie. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/28/2020 at 11:25 AM, hammerva said:

Big E explaining that when does his big return to the Rumble after leaving the company was just hilarious.  Basically it sounds like he is going to look like current Jericho only baby oiled up to the gils and wearing the skimpiest gear possible ?

Their Cesaro stories were also hilarious.  The "OH BOY!" had me dying.

On 2/1/2020 at 12:08 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

Tempted as I am to cross post this into the main wrestling thread I just want to say here that everybody needs to check out the Jericho pod with Chavo, Vickie and Shaul Guerrero. Lots of great stories about Eddie but when they talk about his last few days it gets really heavy. I had to pause because it just did me in. But I can't recommend this enough. 

And first chance I get I fire up the tribute episode along with the Hurt video. It's weird in that I almost forget just how much Eddie's death affected me. But you get that reminder and next thing you know you end up down a depressing rabbit hole. 

Fucking hell do I miss Eddie. 

Great stuff, but yeah, Shaul's story of the last time she saw Eddie and Vicki's and Chavo's quick story of the night before/morning of is pretty tough to listen to. Probably something a lot of people can relate to. Definitely worth it to hear. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

A great episode of Arn! this week (maybe the best one yet), they sort of live watched some stuff from Superbrawl 2. I was DYING laughing listening to Arn talk and make sounds during the Simmons/Cactus match.

Arn's story about meeting Van Hammer was hilarious. Apparently Hammer walked up to Arn, Steve Austin and Regal and goes, "Hi, I'm Van Hammer. I'm like our Ultimate Warrior and I'm here to save the company." And he's wearing skin tight leather pants and a ripped up tank top.

• Haha 3

On 1/13/2020 at 9:14 AM, Pete said:

Two episodes in and it is tremendous. Love them shitting all over the names Creative came up with for them. Anyone who wants to break up this act is a GD fool.

I recently got into TND podcast and it's awesome. The Names episode was great. The best part was everytime there was a name that actually wasn't half bad, Big E would go, "I can rock with that. I'm gonna use that one when I turn on ya'll." There was one name, The Cause, where they all agree they'd use it and E goes, "That's mine when I turn on ya'll" and Woods says, "but you're just one guy. You can't be one guy and be The Cause." E deadpans, "well, I'll just be like One Man Gang. He was one dude."

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 1

Apparently the Donald Trump Jr podcast did great number because Jericho is now doing a show about whether the coronavirus is a conspiracy or even as serious as people think.   

Are we about a year away from Jericho bringing holocaust deniers and those Q people?

here is the full description of the show:

The new coronavirus pandemic has infected over 70,000 and killed close to 2,000, but is it as dangerous as the World Health Organization, CDC, world governments, and the news media would have you believe?  Not according to truthers David Weiss and RV!  They explain how and why the satanic government concocted the coronavirus conspiracy, the disturbing reasons behind the many supposed pandemics that have struck the world in recent decades (including SARS, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, and HIV/AIDS in the 90s), and what you can do to protect yourselves and your families from all of the mind control!

Edited by hammerva
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Apparently the Donald Trump Jr podcast did great number because Jericho is now doing a show about whether the coronavirus is a conspiracy or even as serious as people think.   

Are we about a year away from Jericho bringing holocaust deniers and those Q people?

Yeah, so at this point I'm downloading episodes I meant to listen to and after that am just gonna unsubscribe for a bit.  Luckily I can still search past ones whenever the mood strikes me.

Catching up on JR's podcast. It's getting deleted from my podcast feed. His weekly whine about "thimbledicks from twitter" who think he is not good at commentary anymore has broken my will to listen to the show. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Catching up on JR's podcast. It's getting deleted from my podcast feed. His weekly whine about "thimbledicks from twitter" who think he is not good at commentary anymore has broken my will to listen to the show. 

Yeah, it was awesome those first few weeks that Conrad reformatted the program and JR sounded refreshed but it really didnt take him long to fall back into "grumpy grouch bastard" mode.

30 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Remember, jericho believes that [name redacted] was possessed by a demon or such when he did what he did. 

Oh, I definitely remember.  I still think the world of Jericho but I've been debating on unsubscribing since he professed that belief some time ago.  Today's episode was the proverbial nail in the coffin.

Yeah, same here.  His recent AEW ones with the likes of Darby and Marko were really good so it's going to be hard for me to fully do away with his shows.  But I just can't subscribe to people who give a platform to  those like the one today.

Downloaded the first ARN podcast and I am cracking up for all the references to Boaz, Alabama. Years ago at our Vegas convention I was out wandering around the show floor when I came upon their booth... they must've gotten in at the last minute because they were all the way in the back of the LVCC South Hall (S2 on the handy dandy floor plan), nowhere near any of the other municipalities. No man's land for all intents and purposes. I was doing the company man thing chatting with their booth rep and asked him how the show was going for them. Their foot traffic must've been nil because he was like, "you all the way back here, either you looking for us or you lost." ? 

Does he talk about his SMW run teaming with the Rock N Roll Express on any of the episodes?

So it figures that after unsubscribing to Jericho's pod today's episode has Nyla Rose.  Still unsubscribing but if anything I'll make a note to check every Friday.

And AEW also has a podcast now called AEW Unrestricted and first episode had Moxley on.  They stayed away from stuff covered elsewhere (why he hated WWE at the end , etc.) and it made for a rather enjoyable conversation.  Worth checking out and it has Aubrey and Schiavone hosting it.

17 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

One thing I notice about Page is that he shoot drinks these beers, unlike Austin. But, I also noticed on this particular episode he drank about 1/4 of a full cup, then he grabbed another beer, and proceeded to walk to the back with it without taking a swig. I guess all that drinking post match has finally taken its toll.

I'm honestly worried about him drinking off of all these people and catching something.  He's got to only be drinking beers given to him by plants, right?  Please?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I'm honestly worried about him drinking off of all these people and catching something.  He's got to only be drinking beers given to him by plants, right?  Please?

You know damn well if Russo was booking he would be doing an angle where someone slips a drugged beer to Page. 

• Haha 1

I mentioned in Fite chat that if Hangman wasn't getting beers from plants, sooner or later he'd drink one someone pissed in. And one guy responded that he'd be pissed if he paid $9 for a beer and someone else drank it.

Re: Jericho's conspiracy podcasts

I understand not wanting to give them a platform but I'm listening to the coronavirus ep now and this is such hilarious nonsense that anyone who listens to any of it as fact has way bigger problems than being a Jerichoholic. I mean, they went from talking about nanobots in vaccines and why you shouldn't brush your teeth to how the Titanic was an inside job and why the Skyscrapers (the WCW tag team) were a warning about 9/11. Never explained? Why the Twin Towers weren't a warning. Explain that, truthers! I find it entertaining in a Last Podcast on the Left kind of way.

• Haha 1