DVDVR Message Board

2020 Wrestling podcasts thread

Rev Ray

On 1/14/2020 at 6:53 PM, odessasteps said:

New Super Stud Cast is about how Ron ended up in hockey, 

There's a fun article on the team he created here: https://eu.knoxnews.com/story/sports/columnists/university-of-tennessee/john-adams/2017/05/26/pro-wrestler-helped-lay-foundation-predators-smashville/346310001/

21 hours ago, nofuture said:

Colt Cabana is bringing back the original sit down interview style podcast, two episodes a month.  The first interview will be Will Ospreay.

Cool!  Still the same name?  I need to add it to my feed.

Also, I haven't listened yet, but Colt is sitting in on Marty & Sarah Love Wrestling this week to...review the week he had in wrestling or something?

Also a new We The Indie came out on Saturday. Mostly politics rather than Wrestling, but there is quite a lot of laughing at Gabe Sapolsky. Starts in the middle of the conversation with Starr talking about how there's actually no reason to work for Evolve anyway, because it's super easy to get a WWE tryout. You just email Canyon Cemen and ask for one.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:27 PM, Morganti said:

Go listen to the ask new day episode.   The dream match question is first and hilarious.

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting 2 Cold Scorpio discussion but there ain't no lies there.

On 1/16/2020 at 12:37 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Name-dropping Jeff Pollack in an effort to defend Hulk Hogan might be the most Eric Bischoff thing I've ever heard.

Bischoff's thing of "I have a friend named *****, really successful guy, made millions in Hollywood, anyway this really successful friend of mine told me..." is the single most carny ass shit in all of professional wrestling today. Even if every word of it is true, it's just so fucking carny.

Bisch produced fourth tier reality shows for third tier networks and went bankrupt.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 2

On a TiJ this week Jericho talks about becoming Super Liger for a night and even does a watch along of the match which pretty quickly becomes a Koji Kanemoto diss track. Some fun stuff and no guest means no terrible transitions to commercial.

• Thanks 1

In Sabu's book, he's generally nice about everyone in the biz, and when he's slagging someone off, he often doesn't specifically name them, just says someone I wrestled in Scotland (or wherever). Except Koji Kanemoto. He goes out of his way to say Kanemoto is a complete dick. Then in the final chapter, where he's doing acknowledgements and thanks, he adds a page of F.U. shout outs, to Kurt Angle, Test, Koji Kanemoto, Jim Ross, Ric Flair and Vince McMahon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big E explaining that when does his big return to the Rumble after leaving the company was just hilarious.  Basically it sounds like he is going to look like current Jericho only baby oiled up to the gils and wearing the skimpiest gear possible ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I really wish Edge and Christian still had their podcast now just to hear Edge talk about his return to the ring. I wasn't digging the podcast as much near the end of its run, but I'd like to hear a one off episode just to talk about his return.

45 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I really wish Edge and Christian still had their podcast now just to hear Edge talk about his return to the ring. I wasn't digging the podcast as much near the end of its run, but I'd like to hear a one off episode just to talk about his return.

I’m sure he’ll make the rounds at some point. Probably an Austin pod so they can talk about necks.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I’m sure he’ll make the rounds at some point. Probably an Austin pod so they can talk about necks.

I've got to imagine they'd did a 24 about it, possibly with he and Beth returning.