DVDVR Message Board

2020 Wrestling podcasts thread

Rev Ray

The New Day Podcast is a must-listen. I am plugging it to my non-wrestling friends. Legit got teary at a few points. Kofi talking about how he develops an escape route while going out for a jog really messed me up.

• Like 4

Joey Janella is on today's Doughboys. For those that don't know, that's a chain restaurant review podcast that's more about playing how pathetic the two hosts are for laughs. I'm in the middle of listening still but they're talking about New Jersey specific sandwiches and I'm learning a lot.

• Like 1

We went a little long on this one, but it was because we had dope guests.  Mariachi Loco aka Siniestro De La Muerte and Saltador and Lil Cholo aka Mr. Cisco and Mala Suerte joined us, and they have good behind the scenes stories that haven't really been told until now about the original direction of the rabbit tribe, and are funny as fuck.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

We went a little long on this one, but it was because we had dope guests.  Mariachi Loco aka Siniestro De La Muerte and Saltador and Lil Cholo aka Mr. Cisco and Mala Suerte joined us, and they have good behind the scenes stories that haven't really been told until now about the original direction of the rabbit tribe, and are funny as fuck.

K. Kross just shared this on his Facebook page. Gonna give it a listen.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Special best of Sonny Kiss episode for pride month!  One of the best guests we ever had.

My wife will be thrilled to watch this.  He seems like a really good person to talk to/hang with.

• Like 1

Few weeks late but I just listened to Papo Esco’s podcast (straight outta the bodega) with Markus Mac of APW and Gabriel Ramirez of PWR. Pretty sobering discussion of the state of the Indy scene. Social distancing isn’t going to work financially for Indy shows so it could be a really long time out from now. 

Also some good stories about Roland Alexander and APW history. And some interesting tidbits, it costs $30k to book the cow palace for a show, and “even more” to book the San Jose Civic. 

• 2 weeks later...

New Pod - a look back at the July 1 1986 Great American Bash in Philly with podcaster extraordinaire Kris Zellner - ,pmatches, controversies, the rest of the tour and more. Plus, I talk to my high school friend Jim, who went to the show with me. We also talk about reconciling his teenage fandom of Jimmy Snuka vs what we know now about the death of Nancy Argentino and the whole “separation of art and artist” dilemma.

tinyurl.com/winter89

On 7/2/2020 at 8:08 PM, odessasteps said:

New Pod - a look back at the July 1 1986 Great American Bash in Philly with podcaster extraordinaire Kris Zellner - ,pmatches, controversies, the rest of the tour and more. Plus, I talk to my high school friend Jim, who went to the show with me. We also talk about reconciling his teenage fandom of Jimmy Snuka vs what we know now about the death of Nancy Argentino and the whole “separation of art and artist” dilemma.

tinyurl.com/winter89

That was a great listen ????

• Like 1

Anyone know what's up with Austin's podcast going back to endless re-runs again? He did this before and then came back with new interviews and has since stopped doing podcasts again.

Also, yes, the New Day podcast is awesome. Side note, I'm really for and proud of Dan Rykert from Giant Bomb. He left Giant Bomb and video games journalism entirely to be a producer for WWE's podcasts and is the main person in charge of the New Day podcast. If you know anything about Dan, he's kinda...slow, and sheltered. He's one of those people who I think understood that racism was a thing, but I think his view of that and politics in general was very narrow. I mean, the dude didn't think or realize that the Metal Gear games were political. Anyway, Dan has grown a shitton in a short amount of time in working with the New Day and I'm happy for him. Podcasts on Mondays are usually pretty dry. For me it's usually Armchair Expert, HoneyDew, Self-Helpless, WTF, 83 Weeks, and the New Day. Of those, I only really look forward to the New Day's podcast. It's also the only one out of those I listed that I subscribe to that I listen to each week.The rest I'll listen to if there's a certain subject or guest that's interesting, but I could listen to Kofi, Big E, and Xavier talk for hours about whatever.

• Like 1