DVDVR Message Board

2020 Mania Week Shows

RIPPA

On 4/2/2020 at 4:42 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Have any of the Mania Week feds that ran shows last year put up their shows from last year for free, just as a kind of consolation for the weekend not coming off? I'd like to see whatever GCW did last year, like to see Bloodsport II again (had to use surreptitious means last time), etc. If they haven't those of you in contact with them might could suggest that.

New Japan put up last year's G1 at MSG.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well... everyone who DIDN'T cancel their Fite pre-order is going to be happy, at least. I guess those Triple header weekends with GCW and Beyond were a rehearsal of sorts.

So Effy's Big Gay Brunch, Josh Barnett's Bloodsport and For The Culture are definitely back on. BLP Threat Level Midnight is now called Threat Level Noon.

• Like 1

And JJSB is still called Spring Break, even though it's happening in Autumn. Or Fall, if two syllables is a bit much for you.

Years ago Josh Matthews used to pop up on the UK edition of Superstars to let us know all about the WWE UK tour coming up this Fah (sic). Took me ages to figure out he wasn't referring to a long distance, but was instead running the American term for the post-Summer season through his stupid vowel mangling consonant dropping accent.

• Like 1