DVDVR Message Board

2020 Mania Week Shows

RIPPA

24 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That’s real good of them.

It's also what everyone except you fully expected. So maybe you should have chilled out instead of weirdly doubling down on a complaint that didn't even affect you and implying shady things were happening when they absolutely weren't.

• Like 3

Guest Edwin

For those interested --

I had tickets to Bloodsport. I got the refund email from GCW, so I reached out to them this morning and am waiting to hear back. I'm sure it will be fine, but I just thought I'd post this for those curious. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Wrestlecon tweeted they are having to do each refund individually, and hope/expect to be done issuing them by Sunday. Said that they don't have the option to just push a button and refund everyone at once. Estimated at the time they had done 20%.

if you have IWTV, they will be showing a live 2 night GCW tournament starting tonight at 7.  The show is obviously 0 fans and it will be shot from an undisclosed location.  Curious to who will be in the tournament and some matches.  I'l be watching though.  Hoping they go the AEW route with workers in the crowd rather than the WWE route. 

If Covid-19 hadn't happened, and Mania week was still happening as planned... would Mania itself still have been too big for one night? How would that have affected all of the Saturday indie shows? 

So it looks like the only indie show that is going on Mania weekend in Florida is ARW out of Cocoa beach. Apparently they actually sold tickets to the event but won't announce how much. It wouldn't shock me if it's still happening since it's Florida and mostly local guys and ex ECW people.

8 hours ago, AxB said:

If Covid-19 hadn't happened, and Mania week was still happening as planned... would Mania itself still have been too big for one night? How would that have affected all of the Saturday indie shows? 

They would have just kept it to one night. No way they would have rescheduled Takeover on Saturday just to split WM into two nights. Would have been just one entirely too long show as usual. 

If we're talking hypotheticals, there were only three notable shows Saturday evening/night: Supercard of Honor, Freedoms, and Joey Ryan's Penis Party. 

Some interesting replies on this topic. Some Wrestlers were going to have been completely knackered by this time next week.

A J Gray had two deathmatches scheduled the same day, plus eight other matches that weekend. And that's not the highest number anyone gave.

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Some interesting replies on this topic. Some Wrestlers were going to have been completely knackered by this time next week.

A J Gray had two deathmatches scheduled the same day, plus eight other matches that weekend. And that's not the highest number anyone gave.

Meltzer was quoting somebody in a recent Observer saying for a lot of guys on these shows, they make as much money that week as they normally do in six months. This is devastating for their pocketbook.

Didn't somebody work like 16 matches a couple years ago over the four or five days?

Guest Edwin

For those still curious on if/when will GCW refund those asking for refunds -- I was refunded for my Bloodsports tickets last week. Brett Lauderdale DM'd on Twitter and the next day the refund was there.

On 3/29/2020 at 10:00 AM, Edwin said:

For those still curious on if/when will GCW refund those asking for refunds -- I was refunded for my Bloodsports tickets last week. Brett Lauderdale DM'd on Twitter and the next day the refund was there.

Me, too. I think I emailed on a Thursday evening and had my refund on Monday. 

Have any of the Mania Week feds that ran shows last year put up their shows from last year for free, just as a kind of consolation for the weekend not coming off? I'd like to see whatever GCW did last year, like to see Bloodsport II again (had to use surreptitious means last time), etc. If they haven't those of you in contact with them might could suggest that.

Bloodsport 1 is airing on IWTV on Sunday. EST times:

• 5:30AM - IWTV's Family Reunion
  • 8:00AM - Game Changer Wrestling - Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
  • 10:00AM - AIW - Slumber Party Massacre
  • 12:15PM - Journey into the Junkyard
  • 12:30PM - Zona-23 - La Guerra Comienza
  • 3:00PM - IWA Mid-South - We're No Joke
  • 6:45PM - Locker Room Detectives Episode 21
  • 7:00PM - Beyond - Americanrana 2019  

Ethan Page posted an animated Body Guy Extravaganza show, playing off the real show that was cancelled. I have no idea if any of what was animated was in the original plans, highlights:

• Who answered the Masterlock challenge? Orange Cassidy
  • The 3 Stages of Hell between Brian Cage and Scott Steiner makes it to the third stage. The special guest referee is Ethan Page. Before the match starts, they're interrupted by the Nation of Domination music. It's the Nation of Carbohydration: D-Lo, Rickey Shane Page, and Swoggle! And they have snacks! It's turned into a six-man tag. The Body Guys win with triple Steiner Recliners. 
  • Haha 1

The match where Danhausen was going to team up with Danhausen, Danhausen and Danhausen? Three of the Danhausens were going to be Tony Deppen, Alex Shelley and... Danhausen. The fourth one has yet to be revealed.