DVDVR Message Board

2020 Mania Week Shows

RIPPA

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Blackcraft No Apologies is still full price on Fite today, despite being a year old and a massive catastrophe.

They said No Apologies in the title...

But yeah, carnies gonna carny. 

These shows will only go up in price. 

Effy's way of announcing who is in the Battle Royal at the Big Gay Brunch is interesting. Especially with who he announced today.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Pretty much that the Collective is happening unless the city of Tampa tells them they aren't allowed to

To their credit, they are promising a plan to refund anyone who is either sick or immunocompromised who purchased tickets and can't attend.

A few Mania week shows have cancelled already (Prestige, Uncanny Attract). Beyond have said they intend to still run Big Balls on the Sunday, as a no-fan show if needs be (they said if public assembly is limited to 500 people, they'll cap ticket sales to ensure there's only 499 people there).

Again the only one that worries me is 'WM postponed = WC may run or may still cancel'.  If it is postponed and they decide to run shows, it is really going to suck when indies are running 50 new shows on the weekend that it comes back.  It is like double dipping but to only those that can afford it.    

Wrestlecon is officially off (and currently on the hook for $114,000 to Marriott) 

Sounds like The Collective is going to be canceled at any moment as well.

This is potentially going to be extremely bad for indie wrestling on a whole.

Edit: The Collective is postponed, not cancelled.

Edited by Brian Fowler

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well we have some good news maybe on the Collective

Now the big question is when and where.  

My first guess would be, conditions allowing, Boston in August around SummerSlam

Well, Wrestlecon said on Twitter they'll be giving refunds to all ticket holders, and a couple hours after I emailed FITE my order of Wrestlecon bundle is cancelled and the refund is acknowledged by my payment provider.

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Good on WresleCon for doing that. But now it’s time for the GCW guys to give out refunds, and not this unscheduled Collective thing that hasn’t manifested yet. 

They said that everyone will have the choice between using their tickets at the eventual replacement show or getting a refund, and that you don't have to decide right away, if you want to wait and see where and when the rescheduled end up. Just said it'll be tomorrow when they post the info on how to submit for the refund. 

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I hope so. I don’t like them dragging their feet on this. 

Dragging their feet? It's been less than 24 hour since the announcement was made. They're trying to come up with the best solution. And while it may have been somewhat obvious that it wasn't going to happen, why would they make a decision before WWE made the WM decision? You're expecting them to have a specific date and specific venues for 20+ events already, with the current situation the country is in?

They're trying to make up these shows for all the fans that were looking forward to these shows. 

On top of that, at least one promotion has announced you can either save the ticket for a make-up show or can get a refund by processing it through eventbrite. No one is stopping any of the ticket holders for requesting a refund through the ticket site for any of the other events. 

It's unprecedented territory and they've been fairly transparent through the entire process. 

• Like 1

I didn’t spend money on it, but when I read other events are giving out refunds for this already, and one major indie hasn’t that immediately throws up a red flag for me. I understand that their is a crisis, but at the same time some people who spent money on this might need this money too during this time.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs