DVDVR Message Board

2020 Mania Week Shows

RIPPA

These guys are insane and I love it. Not quite the Muta replacement I was hoping for but satisfactory nonetheless. Get the jabroni who jumped off the second floor of a mall too, while you're at it!

In the run up to last year's Mania week shows, some of the WhatCulture wrestling personalities were having a worked social media feud with the Bullet Club OGs. Both parties decided a good way to bring it to a peak would be to do a run in at the Bullet Club Beach Party. So these web reporters Gatecrash with megaphones shouting their mouths off, and everyone in the BC is in on it and starts going into their "Come on then if you think you're hard enough" pose. Except for one thing. They forgot to tell Haku.

So Haku assumes it's a shoot and charges at them. And it rapidly transforms from an invasion angle to an "Oh shit we're going to die" angle. Unfortunately they calmed Haku down and smartened him up before he could do any real damage.

In other news, the Beyond show is called Big Balls and will feature Johnathan Gresham vs Daniel Makabe, as well as Erick Stevens' retirement match.

45 minutes ago, AxB said:

In the run up to last year's Mania week shows, some of the WhatCulture wrestling personalities were having a worked social media feud with the Bullet Club OGs. Both parties decided a good way to bring it to a peak would be to do a run in at the Bullet Club Beach Party. So these web reporters Gatecrash with megaphones shouting their mouths off, and everyone in the BC is in on it and starts going into their "Come on then if you think you're hard enough" pose. Except for one thing. They forgot to tell Haku.

So Haku assumes it's a shoot and charges at them. And it rapidly transforms from an invasion angle to an "Oh shit we're going to die" angle. Unfortunately they calmed Haku down and smartened him up before he could do any real damage.

I'd pay good money to see Haku go all Haku on some know it all geek "wrestling personalities" lol

• Thanks 1

Warhorse's WrestleVania partners (vs Gangrel, Effy and Danhausen) will be The Ascension, Konnor and Viktor. Under whatever their indie names are going to be, obvs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AxB said:

Announcement upcoming on that. I would guess it's going to be available somewhere or other.

Looking at the announced Kiera/Didi match should we just all tell ourselves to settle down and get it over with?  Because if it is available to view then we might as well.

Also, the Collective bundle has motherfucking Bloodsport so I'll easily get this.  And the other shows sound pretty neat too so I'm down.

Some match announcements for the TJPW show:

Priscilla Kelly vs Maki Itoh? I wonder if they'll play it straight, or do something gross to try and go viral?

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Some match announcements for the TJPW show:

Priscilla Kelly vs Maki Itoh? I wonder if they'll play it straight, or do something gross to try and go viral?

Not sure if serious. It's going to have some funny, stupid stuff that pissed a lot of people off. I look forward to it.

15 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Wait, wouldn’t it go down prior to airing because of the pandemic? 

It's a limited time price at $80 until I think the 15th.

If the pandemic cancels shows... I guess who knows what happens

I don’t believe it’ll cancel shows, but I can see wrestlers no showing these. Especially foreign stars. That’s the thing with these shows right now, and why I won’t put my money down yet like in years past. Paying full, or close to full price would be highway robbery if performers cancel.

Keep checking on Twitter for info from the wrestlers themselves, and not the promoters who most of the time won’t tell you the situation prior to the shows taking place.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

11 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Wait, wouldn’t it go down prior to airing because of the pandemic? 

Blackcraft No Apologies is still full price on Fite today, despite being a year old and a massive catastrophe.