DVDVR Message Board

2020 Mania Week Shows

RIPPA

People were asking WARHORSE if Wrestlevania was going to be like the BlackCraft No Apologies show last year, and he got really upset about it:

I know Penis Party was last year but I can't say I remember wacky themed events like these and even the Grey Sweatpants show.  But they do look like a fun time and I hope they're part of one or two Fite packages that won't break the bank too badly.

You can thank Joey Janela for that.  If the Spring Break shows were average success we would probably have 20 less shows this weekend.  But now it is one of teh top 2 or 3 shows not WWE related all year.  Also maybe Orange Cassidy because he did a show last year that did very well last year

Now just because one or two very creative people can do it doesn't mean the other 10 people doing it can.  I mean Effy's show I think will be successful.  Faye jackson's show should be about as successful as running at a brewery at 10:00 PM could be.   But these other shows? .  I guess we will really see if DanHausen and Warhorse are really as popular as it seems on social media

Edited by hammerva

Super Crazy is still wrestling?

Also, Shazza McKenzie is in for a long day on April 4th. She's got an Unsanctioned Deathmatch with AJ Gray on the 3PM show, and then she's in the Sacrifice to Satan match on the midnight show (where AJ Gray has a shot at the Bl**kCr**t Wrestling Championship; I did ask if he was going to rename it the GrayCraft Championship if he won:)

Well you were wondering how weird it was for the Grey Sweatpants battle royal was in a brewery well it just got weirder because the brewery cancelled all events for that weekend.  Why I am not sure.    So the show is going to now be at an American Legion Hall.  Which seems even weirder but hell I saw light tubes in Virginia at a Legion Hall so apparently they are cool

Think it is safe to say that Faye's promoter days will be over after this show

Edited by hammerva

The whole thing started as a joke on Twitter, that people were playing along with. Then a promoter who had booked the Brewery got in touch with her and said he had the venue all week, and if she really wanted to run it. Worked herself into a shoot as it were. But Coppertail brewery pulled out.

But I'm pretty sure that with these curated show, the wrestlers promoting them aren't actually handling most of the business side. Like JJSB is a GCW show promoted by GCW, with Joey Janela as booker. But he's not handling the logistics of putting the show together or anything, that's handled on GCW's end.

Jordan Devlin has been announced for the PROGRESS show on April 4

Gonna be real interesting since usually WWE wrestlers aren't allowed to be televised

Of course - by the time the 4th rolls around it could be airing on the Network

I also just realized that Thursday the 4th at 8 pm is apparently the money slot since PROGRESS, Bloodsport and WrestleCon are all at the same time

16 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

But don’t they have to win to advance to that show?

Maybe???

This was the post in the WON update

NXT’s Kushida, Mercedes Martinez, Deonna Purrazzo, Isaiah “Swerve” Scott, Taynara, and Cameron Grimes have been added to WWN’s Accelerate: Initiate in Tampa at noon Eastern time on Thursday, April 2. There will be six men’s singles matches and two women’s fatal four-ways at the show. The winners will advance to a men’s six-way elimination match and women’s singles match at Accelerate: Conclusion to determine the tournament winners. Accelerate: Conclusion is taking place at 4 p.m. Eastern on April 2.