DVDVR Message Board

2020 Mania Week Shows

RIPPA

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Since you said "his" I assume you mean Killer Kross.  although Killer Kelly should have signed months ago.  and I think Kross was scheduled for Bloodsport

Yeah - people really need name changes

Stupid everything

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I was thinking how they made a big deal with these signings and then they will debut in NXT with new names. 

TBF, they seem to be laying off dickering with established names more often than not as of late.

Dixie Carter and Vince Russo are being considered for that TNA show.

Meltzer notes that while Impact are thinking about asking Dixie and Russo to participate, he says Mike Tenay has already been asked but more than likely won’t accept unless something changes between now and then.

Edited by Casey

16 hours ago, Casey said:

Dixie Carter and Vince Russo are being considered for that TNA show.

Meltzer notes that while Impact are thinking about asking Dixie and Russo to participate, he says Mike Tenay has already been asked but more than likely won’t accept unless something changes between now and then.

The best way to use Russo and Dixie is have them come out and cut heel promos cuz the crowd wants to boo them so let them then Stone Cold Shark Boy comes out and hits them with Stunners. If Dixie doesn't want to take a stunner she doesn't have to but there's no way Russo wouldn't take a stunner. 

I would love for Tenay to be a part of this. Tenay and Don West need to call this. 

RE: Russo and the TNA show

In the Meltzer WON blurb, he legit says the reason they are considering Russo is because there would be so much negativity around it that people would know the date and time of the show and it would help business.

Only in wrestling...

On 2/4/2020 at 7:38 AM, RIPPA said:

Not everyone will be there all the time. Like Jericho is only Saturday and Will Ospreay is only Friday.

They already have a detailed list of who will be there when.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSso-8fALMslFymnT-6zAHEdCC54z5qYnorztNnlY_hvfZZy3luGZCVUIiDsllZj8QDP6Mn9U9CeuXn/pubhtml

And a lot of folks seem to have an additional fee for an autograph (again see attached doc)

I like how Brooke Hogan is charging as much as Foley, Nash, Booker, Trish, Lita, Tiny fucking Lister and others.

Edited by bazzil

So the Grey Sweatpants Battle Royale is gonna be held in a strip club. Are they promising nudity or something? Because yeah if Scorp's hog gets involved then he's automatic winner; if that thing were prehensile he'd probably be able to throw people out with it.

Edited by Curt McGirt

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

So the Grey Sweatpants Battle Royale is gonna be held in a strip club. Are they promising nudity or something? Because yeah if Scorp's hog gets involved then he's automatic winner

I don't think nudity is expected but Faye wouldn't be averse to it.   Weird thing is that is at a brewery.   I mean sure it is scheduled for late night but man Florida must have loose rules on things

32 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So is this Gray Sweatpants event supposed to be airing on any streaming service?  Because if not then by the sounds of it you might as well just have a "No cameras/cell phones" rule and go balls out.

ftfy.

They haven't announced any broadcast information yet, but it's not affiliated with any of the bigger indies. I wouldn't be surprised if either Fite, IWTV or both were putting bids in to show it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well the promotions that are currently running at that particular brewery (Prime Time Pro, CRAB, etc) are on Independent wrestling TV.  But if I remember correctly last year they streamed the collective package or most of it.   If they are doing that again but I can't picture them streaming both at the same time. 

They do have the capacity to stream two shows at once now. They did it on Friday, one showing starting at 7:30 ET and the other at 9. I think that's new though.