DVDVR Message Board

The Dirt Sheet Returns! - SDL - 1/10/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Morrison was nice to have back. Kofi/Miz was pretty solid. Looking forward to the eventual Miz/Morrison vs. New Day.

The stuff with Bryan and Bray throughout the night was nice enough.

The Bayley/Lacey brawl was short but neat. It does feel weird how they keep delaying the Lacey/Sasha match.

Braun vs. Nakamura was decent enough.

Still not sure where it leads, but I'm kind of enjoying the Mandy/Otis angle.

Usos vs. Corbin/Ziggler was decent while it lasted.

I'm gonna say it now but Miz was not at all the bad guy. He had a bad night and needed his overzealous best friend for support. So I know he's technically the heel now but I need more to justify booing him. As it is that's not happening. 

14 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm gonna say it now but Miz was not at all the bad guy. He had a bad night and needed his overzealous best friend for support. So I know he's technically the heel now but I need more to justify booing him. As it is that's not happening. 

He generally makes for a mediocre babyface. That’s enough justification for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I totally get it and he's best off as a heel. But I needed more from this to justify booing him and as it is I just saw a flawed human being who may truly have been sorry. Next week I'm hoping for more to justify that heel turn but for this week I don't see it. 

Also, I know there's this weird trend of justifying heels that really aren't heels. In my case this truly isn't an example of that. 

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I totally get it and he's best off as a heel. But I needed more from this to justify booing him and as it is I just saw a flawed human being who may truly have been sorry. Next week I'm hoping for more to justify that heel turn but for this week I don't see it. 

Also, I know there's this weird trend of justifying heels that really aren't heels. In my case this truly isn't an example of that. 

I’ll take it from another angle: I have a low tolerance for people who want a pass for shitty behaviour because they “had a bad night.” Especially when I know they’re going to learn nothing and keep having bad nights.

Justifying heel actions is for fools. Throw him under the bus before it’s too late!

35 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I thought we were talking about The Miz, not Elias!

Seriously, I genuinely enjoy Elias, the arrogant douchebag who sings songs about how great he is.

I genuinely do NOT enjoy Elias as a face, singing pandering songs about how great he is.

13 hours ago, hammerva said:

Always crack me up when a wrestler gets a drug suspension and comes even more juiced up than before.  Seriously was it a wellness violation or a wellness suggestion 

That was Roode? I thought it was Brian Cage without the mohawk. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - Elias had been out injured for awhile so it's not you consciously forgetting he was on TV

What difference does that make?

Unless he broke his hand/arm he should be out there mocking people & building something for when he returns.